web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#95560 11/12/09 09:40 AM
OP Offline
I installed a Partner ACS R8.0 with small voice mail card and 308EC expansion module. The client has a published CO line which rolls to two lines in hunt for his commercial business, a private residential line programmed as line 4, which rings only in the residence and at his extension, and a toll-free number, provided by a different vendor, that forwards to the published line.

The problem is intermittent in that some inbound calls - the client is unable to provide a ratio - leave the employees unable to hear the callers but the callers can hear the employees. This was occurring on one occasion, while I was on-site training on the system, so I had the employees instruct the callers to please call back. When the callers phoned in again, I instructed the employees to apologize for the inconvenience and to ask on what number the callers dialed in; invariably it was the toll-free number.

I am inclined to believe that the problem is at the SO, so I have opened trouble tickets with the toll-free carrier, but to no avail. Is there perhaps something I overlooked in trouble-shooting locally? As I said above, the toll-free number is being forwarded at the remote SO?

Thank you, in advance, for any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

PS: The reason the 800 number was forwarded remotely, I presume, is because their old ad-hoc system was jury-rigged beyond capacity. I suspect that bringing the circuit to the premise will cure this problem, but I want to have a measure of certainty that I am advising the right course prior to making the request.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#95561 11/12/09 10:01 AM
What the heck is an "SO"?

Generally an 800 number is always RCF or pointed to a local number so I don't know what you are talking about with "bringing the circuit to the premises". If you ask for that all they will do is add another local line and point the 800 to that one. So unless you want a separate appearance for the 800 what you have is the way it's done.

Your problem is with the 800 number service provider, not anywhere else.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#95562 11/12/09 10:07 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,319 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nortelvoip), 99 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024