web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am in the process of selecting a buttset for my new position in a network group and was talking to one of my coworkers who said it would be nice to get one that worked for digital as well as analog phones. We have Mitel XS 2000 Lights and the thought was to be able to check for service at various 110 blocks throughout the buildings on a given circuit. I have been trying to find such a device for quite some time and have come to the perhaps erroneous conclusion that it does not exist. What does one use to check for service on 'digital' circuits between a switch and the phone on the desktop ?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What I do when I have to half split a circuit is get a spare jack and punch some cross connect to it, then you can punch the jack down on the point you want to test; just plug a system phone in to the jack and test. Just keep a spare system phone around to use for testing.

Log onto Graybars website an order an AT&T AT-8662 D test cord . It clips right onto 110 blocks and connect the spade lugs on the cord to a biskit jack . I have been using one for years and it still works like new .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Spaceman:

Mike Sandman (www.sandman.com) has a plug-on four-pair adapter for 110 blocks that gives you a modular jack (568B) for testing. I don't know for sure if it works on circuits with the jumpers in place though. Anyway, their part number for it is "TOO6S" and my catalog (old one) has it listed $13.99.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I think this guy is looking for a "universal" butt set not adapters to connect one to 110 blocks.

There are so many manufacturers of so called "digital" systems out there that it would be impossible to design a butt set that would work with more than one.

The answer to your question is as you suspected- ain't no such animal. I suppose you could put clips on the end of a line cord and carry around an XS 2000 with you.

How then do you trouble shoot a "digital" circuit? Disconect the wiring from the switch and use a cable continuity tester that will check for opens, shorts and crossed pairs. Or do it the old fashioned way- with an ohm meter.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
The AT&T AT-8662 clips on with jumpers punched down or not . That is why it is so handy when testing on 110 blocks .

I'm with hbiss on this one. You can use a traditional buttset to verify connections and so on but as far as a buttset that will operate as in this case a Mitel digital, I don't think that is gonna happen. But if anyone is gonna know for sure it'll be them guys over in the Mitel zone. Put a post up in their category and you'll get much more reliable info than from me. But I'm doin my best.

Guys: My suggestion was a device that he could use to plug a digital set in at various points along the way. I agree that there's not a universal "digital butt set" available. Wouldn't that be nice!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
volt ohm meter is as good as your gonna get boss

hbiss is correct in his posting about digital buttsets . One is not made for the following reason . Just within the family of mitel digital sets a ss4dn will not work on a port porgrammed as a ss4 . A ss420 will not work on a port programmed as ss4dn . A ss4025 will not work on a port programmed a ss420 . A ss4150 will not work on a port programmed as a ss4025 . I can see in the future an IP buttset once every IP set is using the same PROTOCOL .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,320 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (pvj, Carl Navarro, nortelvoip), 102 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024