Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#96398 02/24/10 05:53 AM
evan Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok to Start I got an IPOffice 500 running 5.0.15 with 56xx phones off an extreme switch. The first problem is static and echo I have tried to mess with some of the setting in vcm and analogue setting, I can make the sound the static and echo worse but cant get it any better. Second speaker phone goes really quite and back to normal (sound levels) on a call. And finally round trip errors in system status on only one phone. Tested cable with fluke tested good. Any help would be great as this is starting to be a torn in my side

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
What kind of trunks are you using?
Is there a Vlan for voice?

The speaker volume goes quiet? Is there any movement of anything on the desk when this occurs? The microphones are sensitive, and these are not full duplex speaker phones.

If the errors you are referring to are from SSA....then dont worry. SSA is not 100%, and I trust about as much as my fat ass' vertical lift.

I am new to Avaya but I remember our instructor stating that improper grounding can cause symptoms that you have described. I know you have IP phones, but I thought I would mention it.

evan Offline OP
OP Offline
They are analog lines into the system before they where feed into a partner. And yes on the vlan

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Is the echo on extension to extension calls? Or just when making an outgoing call?

Have you run the automatic impedance thingy? Make sure you do that, and definitely make sure the control unit is grounded.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024