Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
wmr Offline OP
OP Offline
Voice Mail Cover Delay Problem: I have a Merlin Messaging Voice mail system with 8 Ports on a Merlin Legend. I am having a problem with calls going directly to voice mail at times, this happens when the Telephone system is Idle and when the system is in use. I have the group cover delay set to 5, however at this setting the phones ring about 12 times before going to voice mail. I have check to make sure none of the phones have the DND feature turn on. What could be the problem?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Are you referring to the initial ring coming in from the phone line, covering to the Auto Attendant, or when calls have been answered and when transferring to extension?

wmr Offline OP
OP Offline
I am referring to when a call is being transfer by the voice mail system.

All right, check the basics.

The voice mail calling group is Linear Hunt, Integrated VMI, and the Coverage Receiver for group 30. The extensions with mailboxes are in coverage group 30. The phones that don't cover for a bunch of rings don't have Primary or Secondary coverage at another extension. Each of the voice mail ports answers when you dial their extension numbers directly, instead of through the calling group number.

wmr Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I will start with the basics and get back to you.

wmr Offline OP
OP Offline
The voice mail calling group is Linear Hunt, Integrated VMI, and the Coverage Receiver for group 30. The extensions with mailboxes are in coverage group 30. The phones that don't cover for a bunch of rings don't have Primary or Secondary coverage at another extension. Each of the voice mail ports answers when you dial their extension numbers directly, instead of through the calling group number. All of the above has been check is found to be correct. I am using coverage group 1 not 30.

I am wondering if the problem could be with the information that I enter in when setting up calling group 770. I did not assign Pool 70, I enter the trunks only when assigning Line/Pool to the Merlin Messaging system Calling Group 770, do I need to assign the Pool 70 which is made up of (801,802,803,804,805,806,808,809 trunks) and the indivuals trunks numbers as well?

The System Managers Quick Reference says for Step 7: Enter trunk/pool numbers. Repeat this step for all trunks and pools to add to the Calling Group

Well, the lines being assigned to the Voice Mail calling group doesn't have anything to do with calls transferred to extensions covering to mailboxes. (But if the lines are in pools, you assign the pool to the calling group instead of the individual line numbers, it won't let you do it any other way)

Doesn't make sense, phones are in coverage group 1, coverage group 1 is assigned to the VM Calling Group. All of the VM ports answer when you call them. The hunt is linear, so if a particular port is bad, it should only happen when all of the preceeding ports are busy.

Maybe rebuild the VM calling group and settings?

Check Calling Group members to make sure all your VM ports in that Group.

wmr Offline OP
OP Offline
The calls going to voice mail without ringing the ext first seems to went away after I remove the Processor and Voice mail and re-insert them. I am using ports 42,43,44,45,46,47,48 on the merlin messaging. On the SMDR I see In* 00:01:28 802 42, I also see the same on other Voice mail ports. What is that telling me?, I understand the the date, time, In, Duration, Trunk and Station format. I am trying to see why a call is being answer by the voice mail for x amount of minutes. Is that an indication that someone is leaving a voice message? How can you tell when a voice mail has been left when looking at the SMDR? should this be another post?

You see that Trunk 802 was answered by port #1(Ext.42) and had been busy for 1min 28sec.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,964 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024