Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CCI-IT Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

My name is Billy and for the past two days I been trying to figure this out. We have an office in L.A. and I am trying to connect an VoIP (Avaya 5610sw) phone using a VPN. The VPN connection is set up from home I could ping all the IP's at work and from work I could ping all the IP's at home.

The phone downloads everything from our Phone system but it hangs on "Discover 192.168.100.225" (not actual IP just as an example) The IP that it hangs on is the CALL SERVER. Here is the other thing, I could ping the CALL SERVER and FILE SERVER with in the network and from home I could only ping the FILE SERVER but for some reason I think the problem lies in that I cannot ping CALL SERVER from home. I don't know what might be the reason.

I found this thread here earlier: https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002719;p=1

but I still cannot figure it out if someone could please help me I am really frustrated with it and don't know what to do. I would really appreciate it. Thank You

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Do you have the correct lisence

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Your VPN (phone) is not seeing the Phone system. WHen it displays the "discover xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" it is trying to find it.

More often than not, people do not build an IP route in their system. The IP office is like a router, in that it needs to have permissions for allowing traffic inward.

If you do not have an IP route for LAN1, or a default route of all zeros, build one.

Create a new IP route with the subnet of the phone when it is on that local network. Some of the Avaya documentation uses the subnet 172.xxx.xxx.xxx., so for example your route will look like:
192.168.100.1 (this is the gateway/router IP on the local network)

If you do not have a license (for release 5 and prior) you will get "wrong set type" after it connects to the IP Office.

CCI-IT Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by hitechcomm:
Do you have the correct lisence
I don't believe we have any VPN licenses to do this.

Originally posted by mongo5150:
Your VPN (phone) is not seeing the Phone system. WHen it displays the "discover xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" it is trying to find it.

More often than not, people do not build an IP route in their system. The IP office is like a router, in that it needs to have permissions for allowing traffic inward.

If you do not have an IP route for LAN1, or a default route of all zeros, build one.

Create a new IP route with the subnet of the phone when it is on that local network. Some of the Avaya documentation uses the subnet 172.xxx.xxx.xxx., so for example your route will look like:
192.168.100.1 (this is the gateway/router IP on the local network)

If you do not have a license (for release 5 and prior) you will get "wrong set type" after it connects to the IP Office.
I will try this tonight or over the weekend and see what I could come up with. I was unaware that we might need to get licenses with Avaya to get this happening with VPN phones.

Thanks to the both of you I will keep you guys updated.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
If you are on R5 or earlier. R6 will not need a license.

CCI-IT Offline OP
OP Offline
If you are on R5 or earlier. R6 will not need a license.
We have the
Avaya IP Office Manager 6.0 (07)

is the (07) part the R7?
if so, the R7 would not need a license ?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by CCI-IT:
[b] If you are on R5 or earlier. R6 will not need a license.
We have the
Avaya IP Office Manager 6.0 (07)

is the (07) part the R7?
if so, the R7 would not need a license ? [/b]
mongo is talking about the release of your IPO, the release you are giving is of your manager software.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Generally Manager is 2 releases ahead of the IPO version. BUT, to make sure, in a config, look at control units on the left. It will show the release.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 133 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024