Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#98745 02/01/11 02:08 AM
OP Offline
I'm looking for candid feedback from all of you (scary, isn't it?)

As you know, the IP Office PARTNER Version was released almost a year ago, and from sales results and the comments I've received from many of our partners, we did a fantastic job with this system.

Remember, the PARTNER Version is a TDM-based system targeted for the sub-30 marketplace. It replaced the PARTNER ACS and operates on a common hardware platform which provides growth, migration and investment protection, allowing you to easily migrate to the IP Office Essential Edition platform (TDM/IP based) when your customer is ready.

----------------------------------------------
Little Known Fact: Did you know you can install a system with the PARTNER Version SD card, then using Manager, switch your customer to Essential Edition without having to purchase a new SD card or recreate licenses?
-----------------------------------------------

In November 2010, we introduced Release 6.1, which provided numerous enhancements:

- Unique Line Ringing
- 1 Touch Call Transfer
- Transfer return to a different extension
- Remote access to modem (x76) via AAT or DID
- Wake-up Service
- Start up / Shut down SD card via TUI
- View Feature Key ID via TUI
- View IP address via TUI
- Embedded Messaging Enhancements:
- Phantom Mailbox support without hardware
- (9) AAT / Sub-menus
- DID to AAT support
- Different selector codes based on time of
day
- Press 1 to bypass outgoing greeting
- Press # to end message
- Change old / saved message status to New
- Emergency greeting (per auti attendant)

In March 2011, we will launch Release 7.0, which will continue to enhance this platform:

- Expanded growth capability (up to 100 users)
- Expanded analog trunks (up to 32)
- Support both Key mode and / or PBX mode
- Flexible Dial Plan (fixed 2-digit or flexible
3-digit)
- Outcalling Notification (1 number/3 attempts)
- Message Alert Notification
- Absent Text Message Inspect
- Do Not Disturb Override List
- Embedded Messaging Enhancements:
- Increased Storage:
- 2 ports = 15 hours
- 4 ports = 20 hours
- 6 ports = 25 hours
- New Telephone Set Support:
- 9500 series digital sets (paperless)
- Nortel T-series sets
- Nortel M-series sets
- Continued support for PARTNER sets and
1400 series sets

As I've said to many of you in the past, yes I DO listen to your issues, concerns and feedback, and will always work towards implementing your requests whenever possible. I hope I have lived up to my word on this.

We are now preparing to work on the PARTNER Version Release 8.0 (estimated release: Nov 2011), and am seeking feedback from you as to what else is needed to continue to make this platform exceptional.

We are currently CONSIDERING the following enhancements for Release 8.0:

- Call Screening
- Thin Client Administration (use any browser
or even an iPad or tablet to admin system)

Embedded Voice Mail:
- Standardize on Intuity Audix TUI commands
- Full TUI programming of Voice Mail
- Password and Mailbox Reinitialization via TUI
- Hunt Group & Calling Group mailboxes

What else in Release 8.0 would you like to see to continue to make this the best small business system around? Please keep the following in consideration:

- This system, like PARTNER ACS, is targeted
for the sub-20 marketplace.
- This system is intentially meant to be kept
server-free (keep it simple for the end user)
- This system is meant to be non-IP based
(again, keeping it simple for the end user)

Please let me know what we need to consider. You can post on this forum, or e-mail be directly at: [email protected] with your requests.

I appreciate your input and your comtinued support. Thanks again!!

Ron Rogers
SMB Product Manager
IP Office PARTNER Version
Avaya Inc.

Ron Rogers
New Product Introduction Manager
Avaya B5800 Branch Gateway
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Ron,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it my understanding that the IP Office Partner Edition cannot use any IP phones? Is this correct? If so, they why is it called IP Office?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I agree With Z.
I feel that if you get to a 100 user company, there WILL be a need for at least a VPN Remote phone.

Has it been discussed to adding a few IP Endpoints to the Partner Edition? Or, the ability to create IP trunks only, and use partner as a "branch" back to an IP Office???

We are currently CONSIDERING the following enhancements for Release 8.0:

- Call Screening
- Thin Client Administration (use any browser
or even an iPad or tablet to admin system)

Embedded Voice Mail:
- Standardize on Intuity Audix TUI commands
- Full TUI programming of Voice Mail
- Password and Mailbox Reinitialization via TUI
- Hunt Group & Calling Group mailboxes

All excellent in my book. The embeded VM is good but I miss the TUI administration like the old PM. Browser based administration would also be welcome.

As for the R7, Although I can't envision 100 extensions it can't hurt. At the least it certainly will quiet the complaints that Partner is too small.

As for IP extensions and trunks, I agree there might be a need but from a marketing standpoint I don't think the Partner should compete with the IPO. If the need arises for remote workers or to link systems then it's time to upgrade to the IPO which is easy enough to do from the Partner if you are using digital phones.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it my understanding that the IP Office Partner Edition cannot use any IP phones? Is this correct? If so, they why is it called IP Office?

Because it's based on the IP Office hardware. The name is a little awkward (I have never seen anybody get it right)- IP Office Essential Edition Partner Version. I realize that it describes the hierarchy but perhaps officially changing it to "Partner IPO" so that it carries on the Partner, Partner Plus, Partner II, Partner ACS convention?

How about it Ron?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Originally posted by Z-man:
Ron,

Ron Rogers
OP Offline
We are consolidating the software onto the IP500v2 chassis, and sharing some of the basic codes between the platforms. We are also standardizing on the IP Office name.

We are sharing virtually all of the hardware (control unit, modules, digital sets, etc.) between the PARTNER Version mode and the Essential Edition mode.

You can upgrade very easily to the IP OPffice Essential Edition by simply changing modes (via Manager) and adding the appropriate licenses.

Hope this answers your question.

Ron Rogers
Oh, and one thing I am not happy with in the embedded VM the lack of password protection for the AA menus. Anybody at any phone can change any of the menus just be entering the 4 digit code for a menu. I know recording new menus with the old PM was kind of a hassel but this is way too easy to get into. Also don't know why the menus are two-step.

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
If it is targeted for the sub 20 market place, then why is it going to 100 users?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by mongo5150:
Has it been discussed to adding a few IP Endpoints to the Partner Edition? Or, the ability to create IP trunks only, and use partner as a "branch" back to an IP Office???
IMO, that would be a BIG plus.
We have a two location customer going in the end of this week and a three location next week.
Both customers would be a better fit for the Partner version, but due to the sites needing to be linked so they can have BLF's, transfer from site to site ect. with had to use the Preferred edition IPO with VM Pro instead of the Partner version.

Hats off to you for asking and keeping us in the link. clap

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024