Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I have a customer that has a Magix. Long story short, their data guys managed to talk them into buying a cisco VOIP switch. Problem is, they didn't budget enough money for the thing so now they have this expensive VOIP server and only about 20 phones on it. The rest of company is still using the magix. So the Cisco guys said no problem, they could run the PRI circuits through the cisco and capture the calls they need and pass the rest through to the Magix. Not the ideal of setups, I know.

Now the customer and the VOIP vendor is asking if we can do 4 digit routing from the magix across the PRI. Example, if the Magix user dials 9 then the number, its an outbound call. If it dials a 4 digit extension number, it still routes over the existing local PRI using UDP and just sending out the 4 digit number. The cisco equipment captures the 4 digit number and instead of routing it outbound it transfers the call to a phone on the VOIP system. Does this sound like it would be feasible to do on a Magix?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya
As long as the Crisco can do QSIG trunks (I have no idea), sure.

We can connect Magix to IP Office via QSIG (T1) so it is feasible.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
yes, but is this a point to point that you are connecting the Magix and IP office with?

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Maybe I should clarify this post a bit. I am not trying to connect a Magix to a Cisco via P2P. I can do that all day long. But I don't have dedeciated P2P route. I am trying to route some 4 digit calls across the current local PRI so they can be captured by the cisco routers.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I got to ask,
If the customer is leaving you for the geek squad why should you spend a lot of time and energy helping the customer leave you.

I'd tell the customer what digits I can send and then leave it up to the customer and their new vendor to figure it out.
Or tell the customer you can sell them a new IPO and they can box up the cisco and send it back.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Trust me..I am billing them. Their corporate headquarters was drinking the Cisco Koolaid, but didn't plan for the cost. Now they are trying to marry the two systems. Trying to keep them happy since they are having us rewire their campus with 24S SM fiber all over the place. But I attempted a programming route over the UDP but its not possible to send out just 4 digits. It times out. They are just going to have to live with 10 digit dialing until they can buy more phones.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
everyone has one:
my opinion is that a magix will functionally connect by pri trunk to either a community office switch using an approved protocol, a reasonable substitute or another merlin networkable switch.
or a magix can be programmed to use a digitally emulated tie trunk connection to another digitally emulated tie trunk switch port, without the added benefits that are generally provided by a pri connection.
i don't think the Cisco meets the first description, but it may contain an interface module that can pretend to be part of a telephone system.

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
I haven't give a heavy thought about this but I think without B2B networking you won't be able implement ability of Magix to send 4 digits out. You can't use UDP without physically connected two switches together. You can try to build Table and a Rout with 1XXXXXX**** or something similar and delete everything except last 4 digits for dialing out on PRI Pool. Just guess.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I have tried several scenarios and came to the same conclusion as you guys. UDP doesn't work because is wants to switch to switch routing. I tried deleting digits in ARS and it doesn't like that either. I cant even get a partial call to log in the Monitor SMDR to see what is being sent. Sadly...for what the paid for only the Cisco server, we could have installed any number of working solutions for them.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Zane, based on what you've posted, it sounds like they want to dial 9+(7,10 or 11) and go outside AND only dial 4 Digits to get to the CISCO.

What if you set up a SEPARATE POOL that was used for the 4 Digit calls only? Could they split off some channels for this in the CISCO?

OR, my STANDARD OFF BEAT SOLUTION, Loop Arounds.

That is, get some T&R Extension ports out of the CISCO and make trunks for the MAGIX with those.

It's just a thought.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,770
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (R4+Z, mongo5150, justbill, MooreTel, SSPhone), 151 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024