Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
Customer has a merlin Plus, 820d2 system, & is presently using an offsite company for transferring calls to VM. Company is a Real estate, with approx. 15 agents. He wants to switch over to the local cable co. for phone service but would like an on premise VM system.
I told him I don't think there is any kind of a system to work with the "OLD" Merlin, but I would look into it via tech forums.
So does anyone know of a voice mail system that would work with this application?

PS I know I probably won't get flooded with responses!?

pfonman

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Voysys was the only voicemail, but its all but gone. King Technologies had purchased them and was refurbishing them....but good luck.....

Pfonman, If the cable company is Charter they can provide VM & AA, Don't recomend it but it does work.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Voysys is the only one to work with the old Merlins.
Time for a upgrade.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The downside in going with a LEC provided voicemail service is that it won't trigger the Message Waiting lamps on the Merlin telephone sets.

While Voysys units may still be found for the 820D2, I would concur with hitech and suggest a system upgrade.

I Love FEATURE 00
Voysys was a Rube Goldberg setup that was a desperate attempt to provide VM for a popular system that was never intended to have it. When it worked it didn't work well.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hal I could not have said that any better. "When it worked it didn't work well."

I just trashed one of the Voysys voice mails about 3 months ago.

Mike

Chris Howard
Chris Howard
Upgrade them to a Merlin Legend with Intuity Audix, works Great, Low cost for equipment. Turns on MWL and will notify the user when they have a message. smile

William C. Howard
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
At this point, depending on their current and projected needs & budget, Avaya Business Partners would probably suggest the IP Office (Partner or regular) over the Partner ACS, Legend and Magix.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
No, no one would waste their time. Obviously this customer has no idea of spending money, as they are inquiring about a phone system that has been discontinued for over 20 years......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,230 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,381 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024