Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by mongo5150:
No, no one would waste their time. Obviously this customer has no idea of spending money, as they are inquiring about a phone system that has been discontinued for over 20 years......
Well said too! Why mess with trying to band aid a 20 year old system when you can do a serious upgrade and really help out the customer. There are a number of quality systems out there. I from a technician stand point, they would have to pay me A LOT of money to do an 820 upgrade..

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

it may have been discontinued over 20 years, but is still the best system AT&T made, I still have a few out there, & the customers are still happy, they are like a Timex, they keep on running
No other AT&T came with all the features, as the 820D, the only feature i Talk the customer out of was about was the Busy Buster

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by cvrbob:
it may have been discontinued over 20 years, but is still the best system AT&T made, I still have a few out there, & the customers are still happy, they are like a Timex, they keep on running
No other AT&T came with all the features, as the 820D, the only feature i Talk the customer out of was about was the Busy Buster
I think it was a great system for its time, but I wouldn't go as far as saying its the best system made by At&T. And when I say AT&T I mean AT&T/Lucent/Avaya. I will concur probably the most durable system they ever made.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Voysys had a solution but if the power went out you would get the call.

I'm not sure if it was a memory issue on the voysis processor.

All you had to do was tell the customer to shut down the Merlin and start the Voysys then turn on the Merlin.

It had some funky things that where never kept in memory.

A great idea becuse Merlins intercom never sent true DTMF Only off hook.

The old phone guy
We would be fixing old merlins today if they got this voice mail right.

Talk about green

The old phone guy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,786
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,082 Shoretel
188,985 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dans 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, SSPhone, Professor Shadow, Gary S.), 137 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024