web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#99975 07/14/11 09:21 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer that has a partner ACS rel 6 with a messaging card. When their phones start ringing and they are busy they want to hit a button on the phone and have the call put on hold and says " thanks for holding someone will be with you in a moment or press 1 to leave a message". Anything like this available?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Not really, an ASA card can answer and put them on hold, but not leave a message. DXD is like the auto attendant, will answer, play a message, caller can ial an extension, or time out to ring ext. 10.

Auto attendant is the same, but let's say Selector Code 1 goes to an extension with VMS cover set to 1, ext. 10 does NOT have VMS coverage, and the transfer return rings is turned off, as well as ringing on transfer set to Not Active. Call is answered, caller hears message, stays on line, hears MOH while only Ext. 10 rings until answered. If they press 1, call is transferred to a different extension that has its voicemail answer after the 1st ring.

OP Offline
can the function of the asa be turned on and off? Or is it set to answer after so many rings. I can live without the message leaving option.

I can live without the message leaving option.

When their phones start ringing and they are busy they want to hit a button on the phone and have the call put on hold and says " thanks for holding someone will be with you in a moment...

Sounds like all you need is an on-hold player with a generic "thanks for holding, someone will be with you in a moment" message.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by High Mesa Communications:
can the function of the asa be turned on and off? Or is it set to answer after so many rings. I can live without the message leaving option.
Yeah, you can have a button on X10 to turn ASA/DXD on or off.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
They want to be able to direct a call to on-hold from any phone WITHOUT answering it. But they do not want to remember to set it back to ringing the phones after the call. If the partner won't do it will anything else. Someone told him a NEC could handle this.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Did they mention which NEC? I know of plenty of systems that can overflow to a call que, but not sure if there is one where they can just press a button and send the call.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
That's what I thought, set the system to answer after 4 rings, but that is not what they want. the guy is being difficult and he told his employees that he will get what he wants, so it has become an ego thing now.

OP Offline
On the ASA card,(been putting in avaya systems for 20 years and never used a ASA card), does it have it's own message "thanks for holding....." or does it use the music on hold? Is the ringing set different than the AA? does it put the caller on exclusive hold or system hold?

this is not exactly what you describe, but merlin magix with messaging could come close, using a single separate unused telephone to switch on the delay announcement. i'm not sure that activating night service during an already ringing call would redirect the call to a delay announcement with transfer to voice mail option. these things would need to be tested before offering them. this condition would also need to be manually turned off. you have not mentioned any existing night service.
talk to a good programmer about delay announcements with transfer to voice mail option and the night service function too...mel

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024