I think I may have come up with something, but it's going to take a while to see if it had the intended effect. The manuals describe a flag in the S/W Diagnostics (N menu from the Ctrl-C menu) that when set to Y disables the system resetting every 3 hours when it's idle. I have changed this to Y, and the system held a call up for nearly 12 hours before releasing it but rather than being released due to a system reset, it looks like it was intentionally released by the call processing software.

My testing method has been to leave a phone off hook on a call with a DN on my network that plays streaming radio. When the system would hard reset, the display would get stuck at "Executone Info" until placed back on hook. Since I changed the flag in the S/W DIagnostics menu, it held the call for many hours and when I found the call released the display had the current time, the words **Line Released** and a reorder tone in the handset. This seems like the call was intentionally disconnected due to a time limit or something.