web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
nonameyet, Toner
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by EPearson
EPearson
Can the latest version of ESI Programmer on ESI website (1.2.14.29) be loaded on Windows 10 pc? Thanks
Liked Replies
by Scout Systems
Scout Systems
I just wanted anyone that is looking for a windows 10 fix for ESI system programmer to know that this fix actually works. I used FlexHEX editor and adjusted the byte just as described. It took me a while to navigate the editor but once I identified what he was referring to and made the change, the system programmer loaded as it should.

*Be sure to allow editing of the ESI file at the root level of permissions before trying to open the ESIMain.exe file for editing with FlexHEX
*Be sure to replace the edited file after making the adjustments with FlexHEX.

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins
I'm sorry for not coming back here sooner. Yes the old programmer software can be run on windows 10.
You have to change 1 byte in the EsiMain.exe file.

The byte at position DF(Hex)/223(Decimal) in the original file is 85(Hex)/133(Decimal).
Change the byte at position DF(Hex)/223(Decimal) to 84(Hex)/132(Decimal).

And it will work.
You can use a hex editor to do this, or this powershell script:

Put the following in a text file called PatchESI.ps1, and place this file and EsiMain.exe in the same folder for patching.

Code
$infile = "EsiMain.exe"
$outfile = "Temp.exe"
$byte = [Byte[]] (0x84)
$f = Get-Item $infile
$file = (Get-Content $infile -encoding byte)[0..222] + $byte + (Get-Content $infile -encoding byte)[224..$f.Length] | Set-Content $outfile -encoding byte
Rename-Item $infile ("$infile" + ".old")
Rename-Item $outfile ("$infile")

This error occurs because the IMAGE_DLLCHARACTERISTICS_NX_COMPAT Flag is set in the exe because of a compile error when they built it,
due to a change from Microsoft that broke some things.

Here is some background info:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ed_maurer/2007/12/13/nxcompat-and-the-c-compiler/
2 members like this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (OBT), 69 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024