web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
hbiss, Keyset6, nfcphoneman
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Andyreed
Andyreed
I recently had someone ask me what non-cloud phone system I would recommend for a small, under 10 person company with no internet access--loop start trunks only. My answer was, of course, it really depends on what's available in your area and what kind of support you can get. But, it did get me thinking. I've been doing internal support for Avaya Aura and IP Office for my company for the last several years, and haven't really been working with small systems lately.

My first instinct was to suggest Panasonic, but it looks like they are about to no longer be an option (that really stinks). I know NEC still makes the SL2100. Avaya, of course, still makes IP Office, but that may be overkill for a 3x8. I checked Icon's website to see what Iwatsu is up to, and see that they are pushing an Alcatel cloud solution now. Vertical appears to now be a Mitel partner. Xblue is still selling the X16, although I have no experience with any of their products and hesitate to recommend them since they are selling direct as a do-it-yourself system. Toshiba made their big announcement just as I moved to the current company I am at. I'm running out of ideas.

Is it really only down to NEC for 3x8 or about that size systems? What else is out there?
Liked Replies
by EV607797
EV607797
Vertical is still heavily marketing and supporting their Summit family of systems, with cabinet configurations starting out at 4 X 12 and digital phones in attractively-priced packages. As with any manufacturer, it's anyone's game as to where this industry is heading. Yes, Panasonic completely shocked me with their lame-ass excuse for bowing out of TDM systems, ONE MONTH after announcing a new line of digital phones and platforms that would make any KSU configuration rock.

I absolutely refuse to jump on the hosted bandwagon. I did this with Centrex back in the 80s and nearly put myself out of business with the repercussions. Unlike some of my comrades in this industry, I'm not in it for just the money. If all I'm doing is selling my customers a bill of goods that really isn't right in return for residual monthly revenue, then I should be ashamed of myself. Fortunately, I'm not too far off from retirement age and I'll be running like hell from this blasted industry as quickly as possible.
2 members like this
by mtncomm1
mtncomm1
I'm late to the party on this discussion, but I've had great support and success with Ericsson-LG eMG100 platform. I've been with them since the LDK days and we have a lot of these systems running in small offices. We also have enterprise edition vUCP's and cloud instances of vUCP. I've installed as few as 4 or 5 extensions with SIP and CO lines. The support is excellent and the product is great quality.
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 161 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024