Thread Like Summary
EV607797
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#639768 02/01/2021 8:12 AM
by morephones
morephones
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some relay ideas.

What I would like to accomplish to use my dial selective intercom unit to turn on and turn off items when you dial a ext number to turn on something or off.

For an example, dial ext 2 to turn on a external bell for the garage and have it stay on until you dial the same ext or a different one to turn it off. This would be replacing a TKM-6 Adjunct Switch that has the ringing pairs.

Another idea I would like to play around with is using a relay to turn on or off a closet light or back yard light.

My dial selective intercom unit uses 10 V AC so I really do not have any idea what type of relays I should use to accomplish this.

Also would the relay have to have a constant-power supply for them to operate?

Thanks Brian
Liked Replies
by Silversam
Silversam
Brian -

There are latching relays - that lock in to one state or the other until energized again. All the things you're looking to accomplish are do-able.

It may be easier to reverse the power on your DICM. Have the buzzers rest on 10VAC and then switch ground through the ICM. This way (if you have all the grounds in the Power supply commoned) then you can use relay that has a 24VDC coil (using B Battery off your Power Supply).

Sam
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,761
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,227 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024