web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
Keyset6
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Wayne Ward
Wayne Ward
On our Iwatsu Omega IV EX-824 system has an issue. We had an electrical "brownout" a couple days ago so we had power loss on the cabinet, which turns the "Night Light" off on the DSS console. So when power restored we had to go lift the handset on the first station (no. 20) and press the "Night" button on the DSS so that all stations can hear the incoming calls. However, this time both the DSS and Station 20 had no power (DSS: no indicator lights or LED readout on display, Station: no dial tone/connection). So I discovered that I had 9 blown fuses (250v, 3/10a) on the 6 SUBK-M station cards and 1 fuse blown on the DSBF-M card in the cabinet. After replacing, I (perhaps foolishly) "reset" the CPU. Now I have power to the DSS, which shows the LED display info. and an indicator lamp for a station (on the DSS for off hook, I think) however, none of the phones are getting dial tone.

I had a technician (unfamiliar with this unit) notice that the red indicator lights were not lit on the SUBK-M station cards (or any other card on the top half of the cabinet so I'm guessing that something else was damaged. Of note, the Power Supply and the CPU both show power with indicator lights on. I would think if the backplane has power on the bottom (as indicated by the power supply and CPU lights) that it would have power on the top half.

So I'm thinking either EVERY card on top was blown or the backplane (top half) or the power supply or CPU are damaged. Any thoughts on how to test or use trial and error?

Thanks.
Liked Replies
by JBean3329
JBean3329
We used to tell customers that an Iwatsu ADIX/ECS would do everything but make coffee. If that was a deal-breaker, we could program a relay button to start the coffee maker...
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,167 CTX100 install
187,014 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024