web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
DonaldR
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#643556 09/21/2022 11:25 PM
by Dialtony
Dialtony
Hi. Non-pro newbie here hoping to find some expertise. Picked up at Panasonic KX-T7716C-B with intent of using it on my landline, but then saw that it is designed for Panasonic PBX systems and marked "Do Not Connect Directly to Public Phone Line." Well, of course, I did just that ... and it seemed to work!

Was able to make and receive calls and see call display. Sound quality may have been a tad rough -- hard to tell when connecting to the mobiles I used for the test.

So should it work on a Bell Canada line? Is there a difference in voltage requirement or line resistance that could cause problems? Something else I'm missing?

Thanks -- I appreciate any insights you can offer!
Liked Replies
#643557 Sep 21st a 11:45 PM
by Carl Navarro
Carl Navarro
It looks like it was made for single lines behind a PBX. With sg in the code, it might have been used back in the 336 analog PBX days in Singapore. https://business.panasonic.sg/communication-solutions/kx-t7716

Here in the United States, it probably lacks an FCC registration number....like that matters now :-) In Canada, I don't think the RCMP or CRTC or whoever is going to single you out.

Carl
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 133 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024