atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MrGemini Door phone for SLT - 09/08/05 07:17 PM
Does anyone other then Viking make a good doorphone for a house without a system?
Just a straight pots line.
thanks, MrG

------------------
[Linked Image from danasoft.com]
Posted By: groundstart Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/08/05 07:41 PM
Nutone.......
Posted By: WRichey Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/08/05 08:40 PM
aiphone

M&S intercom systems
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/08/05 10:21 PM
Mike Sandman, period.

He has every telephone gadget in the world.

Don't waste your time elsewhere.

No, I am not related to him, nor do I receive commissions. I have just had good luck with his products on problem installations.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/09/05 06:02 AM
I'm not looking for an intercom.
I need a doorphone
push the button, it rings the phones.
Answer the phone and talk.
The viking units would be the W200A with the C-1000B control.
Thanks, MrG
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/09/05 11:48 AM
Gem:

https://www.sandman.com/doorbox.pdf
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/12/05 02:00 PM
Two good ones that I have used:
Viscount Solo and the TeleDoorBell. They can wire up between a POTS line and your phones or an unused CO port on a phone system. One of them has built in "talk power" for this and the other one has an add on module for it. There are pros & cons to both. One is better than the other for each job. They both have distinctive ring for the door, call waiting if your on the phone, and built in hold to put your caller on hold while answering the door. One will work on an existing 2 conductor door bell button wire, the other requires a 2 pair if I remember right.
Posted By: mwann Re: Door phone for SLT - 09/12/05 03:18 PM
Lots of different manufactures kinds of equipment you are looking for out there. Call them "automatic ring down" or ARD lines, put alot of them in at the C.O. especially on what we call fire bars, but that's another subject. Pick the phone up, and it'll ring whatever is tied to it on the other end. You can also do the same thing in residential/private business, no telco supplied batter, equip, etc. which is what it sounds like you want to do.

I'm not recommending any specific brand, but here's how it'll work in your situation, copy and past this hyperlink into your browser:
https://www.proctorinc.com/46220.htm

It'll work on a pretty long loop too without any special loop treatment....something like over 1500 ohms, for what it's worth to you.

Google on "automatic ring down" circuits, or something like that.

[This message has been edited by mwann (edited September 12, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help