atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: emotors AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 01:29 PM
I recently just swapped a phone out with a spare that I had... Phone works but does not ring on incoming calls and will not auto default to live line when picking up handset. possible programing? please help if you can. thank you, Paul..

AT&T Merlin 10 button, I have 4 lines and intercome...
Posted By: dtmf Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 01:36 PM
We need to know what Merlin system you have as there is different programming for different systems.
dtmf
Posted By: emotors Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 01:44 PM
not sure wich system I have... dont see model numbers or anything like that... were should i look?
Posted By: dtmf Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 03:21 PM
At the KSU, it should be in a closet or phone room. Open the front cover and it will say what model it is
dtmf
Posted By: emotors Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 03:58 PM
It says Model 410 Does that make sense?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
At the KSU, it should be in a closet or phone room. Open the front cover and it will say what model it is
dtmf
</font>
Posted By: dtmf Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 04:42 PM
Yes it does. They are controlled by dip switches on the front of the KSU, There will be a switch for each phone set(sw1=station 10 and so on)yes means ringing and no means no ring.As far as your line pick up it should come up.Make sure you don't have your slide switch in program or test it should be in the middle.
dtmf
Posted By: emotors Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/22/01 06:36 PM
Ok they all are on yes and the phone does ring when there is a call. however when the hand set is in use and another call comes in it will not ring. the other phones in the backround will ring but not the one that is in use. the other office phone does ring properly but not the one I have been talking about. is there something that can be done?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
Yes it does. They are controlled by dip switches on the front of the KSU, There will be a switch for each phone set(sw1=station 10 and so on)yes means ringing and no means no ring.As far as your line pick up it should come up.Make sure you don't have your slide switch in program or test it should be in the middle.
dtmf
</font>
Posted By: dtmf Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 05/25/01 07:33 PM
When you are on the phone and a call comes in you should hear one very sort ring at half volume and that should be it.
Posted By: Mark Re: AT&T Merlin Programing - 08/30/01 03:24 AM
My 410s (and I'm supporting a bunch) program differently than that.

At the instrument, push the programming slide switch down to P. Press the line button (one of the five silver tabs in a vertical row) until the green LED changes state.

If the LED is off, that line will not ring on that instrument. If the LED is blinking, it will ring on every third CO ring. If the LED is steady, it will ring with every CO ring. This needs to be programmed on every line for each instrument.

Line picking is a little different.

Switch out of and back in to programming. Press ##, then touch the lines that you want the lines to be used at that phone. The LEDs should not change.

To clarify, the lines (if available) will be used in the order selected. If the first-selected line is not available, it will use the second, etc, etc.

Hope this helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help