atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OBTW Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/30/06 04:48 PM
I am looking for a device which you can connect inline between a loop start PBX analog port and the terminating equipment so that when the PBX side hangs up the device sends either a wink signal or an open loop current 500 ms or longer to the terminating equipment .Does any one know of any manufactures of such a device ? Thank you for any help offered !
Try sandman.
OBTW:

The device that Sandman sells can be set up to detect a fast-busy or silence time once the calling party hangs up. I assume you are putting a key/hybrid system behind a PBX's SLT port. This device will likely do what you want, but it's not cheap. It's also on a per-CO line basis.

Does the host PBX return a fast-busy when the calling party hangs up? If it doesn't, then the silence detection time is going to make it difficult to fine-tune the things. That really is the only device I have seen available that will do what you need, but remember that it's not a solution, it's just a fix.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/30/06 05:17 PM
I logged on to Sandmans web site and I could not locate what I need . I may have overlooked something though since he has some many Telecom items in his product list . I also logged on to Vicking Electronics web site and had negitive results searching their product list . Thank you for the suggestion .
Posted By: OBTW Re: Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/30/06 05:25 PM
No it's not behind a key system it is connecting to dictation ports with analog intergration that needs to see a positive disconnect . The PBX does supply reorder tone once the off hook timer expires . It is a 500ms on and a 500ms off burst of dial tone . Sounds like the device you mentioned may work once the port goes into reorder tone .
I would just call Mike Sandman Enterprises directly and tell them what you are looking for. They actually prefer verbal orders anyway. I think their device will do what you are looking for, but you really should run it by them just in case.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/30/06 06:29 PM
Thank You EV . I logged back on to the Sandman's web site and located I think the CP device you are talking about , it should work. I will see if the end user wants to absorb the price . You are right they are kind o pricey . If they want to go the cost I will contact Sandman . We are looking at 16 devices . Thanks again for your help .
I believe the term is CPC disconnect and he does sell CPC disconnect boxes. You need to specify the signal that the dictation machines make to be sure he has something that is compatible.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/30/06 07:32 PM
Bunnie you are correct it is a CPC disconnect device . I typo the last C . The dictation device does not make a disconnect signal , it is looking for the PBX to send one . There in lies the problem . This was a hand me down dictation work station that was removed from a site which had the OPS 'WINK ON DISCONNECT" option purshased in the software features . We where called in when the dictation vendor stated we need you to help us make this work . So that is why I was asking about ancillary devices that could replicate the OPS wink option .
You may have a problem if the dictation equipment is waiting for the PBX to send an appropriate disconncect signal. Had a customer last week with the same situation. The in house PBX could send 1 thru 0 or A for disconnection signalling. A in this dictation interface was for pause. 3 was like rewind,5 for fast forward, 7 was for back 5 seconds, etc. Every signal I could send was for some pedal response to the dictation equipment. Worst interface I have ever seen. I can only send 1 digit/alpha and they all are reserved for recording functions.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/30/06 08:17 PM
RBF ,You are correct in that some dictation equipment do not interface well with a certain brand PBX . I had problems with a ROLM 9000's reorder tone which was basically the digits * # being repeated over and over . The dictation system saw * # as forward and reverse. We had to revise the Rolm 9000 software to correct that issue . However all this dictation card wants to see is either a wink being sent or an open loop current for 500ms or longer . I do think Sandman's device will work .
Agree. The PBX we had installed could only send an open of 50 milliseconds. Sandman's could only detact 500 or greater. That's when we tried the alternate 1-0 or A. frown
What PBX is this?

Some manufacturers have an OPX card that provides disconnect signals. Also some have an Analog ststion card just for Voice Mail ports that provide disconnect signals or DTMF disconnect tones.

DJ
Posted By: OBTW Re: Positive disconnect for PBX analog lines. - 01/31/06 04:25 PM
Hi DJ , the pbx is a old ROLM 9751 MOD 10 . It is our last one and has been budgeted for replacement in 2007 . I spoke with the end users today that are having the dictation issues . They do not want to spend any more money on the hand me down dictation work station . I revised their system speed call numbers to route them to a dictation server with T1 intergration . They were just trying to avoid transcriptionist tying up outside trunks for long periods of time by having the transcription access on site . :shrug:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help