atcomsystems.ca/forum
If you bought one of the Harris Jack Rapid tools for terminating all eight wires in a Leviton or other jack insert it may well have become too hard to squeeze.

They don't want to fix them, but send it in and for $51 they will replace it. There is an easy solution. Take it apart and take a small grinder like a Dremel tool to any of the surfaces that look scratched. The middle fork of the cutting part was a little high and once a few areas were ground down and little bit of while lithium grease applied, it works better than new.

If you've never used one, they save a lot of time and palm aching. Put the wires in the slots, slide the insert into the Jack Rapid, squeeze and it is totally terminated.

If you haven't seen one, they are at: https://harristools.flukenetworks.com/products/tools/structured.asp#Blades

They won't do anything for 66 blocks, but are great for jacks, especially after you make the slide work smoother, grind down, don't buy a replacement.
Posted By: Nosaj-Industries Re: Harris Jack Rapid Repair - 02/01/06 08:00 AM
A great tool, but I cant help but think I am using a prototype. It could be much better than it is. Good tips though!
Posted By: UpstateNetworks Re: Harris Jack Rapid Repair - 02/01/06 01:00 PM
Good to know, as mine has gotten a bit "notchy" lately.

Did they ever come out with the promised heads for other manufacturers' jacks? Seems like that was promised from the very first ad.
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Harris Jack Rapid Repair - 02/01/06 01:11 PM
I saw an advertisment for them recently and they have a head for Systimax.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Harris Jack Rapid Repair - 02/01/06 01:29 PM
Ive noticed mine was getting a bit hard to squeeze ..I thought I was just getting weak and feeble
You want to fix them in your "spare" time, the replacement heads cost almost as much as the whole tool and the warranty replacement is about the same price as the head.

On their website, Leviton and Systimax were the only two shown, don't know how often they update the website.

You may be able to just spray some white lithium grease on the sliding parts, but I had mine apart, so I ground it down.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help