atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Cheetah Speed System - 03/16/06 04:19 PM
www.cheetahspeed.com
I saw an article about this in Electrical Contractor magazine...basically it's a screwless device/wallplate/electrical box system. They sent me some samples and it's a nice set of products. Just wondering if anyone else has used their stuff. They have a nice line of datacom jacks/plates.
Jeff
Posted By: hbiss Re: Cheetah Speed System - 03/16/06 04:49 PM
Leviton has always had a line of "screwless faceplate" devices so this is not something new.

I prefer to stick with a major manufacturer (Leviton) that I have no problem sourcing.

Never heard of these guys and you have to use other manufacturers keystone jacks anyway. At least for telephone and data, why bother?

-Hal
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cheetah Speed System - 03/16/06 05:08 PM
These guys also have the keystone jacks. I do see your point, Hal. Not sure about the distribution of these.
Jeff
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cheetah Speed System - 03/17/06 09:53 AM
Hal, what is the Leviton line you are referring to?
Posted By: noscrews.com Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/16/06 07:33 PM
Hello, XXXXXXX

No blatant advertising please. If you can help or offer suggestions fine. Otherwise contact an admin and you can purchase advertising space just like everyone else.
Posted By: 1864 Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/16/06 09:03 PM
What, ???????
Posted By: grider Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/17/06 04:15 AM
Good work Justbill........
Posted By: junkman Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/17/06 04:47 AM
Bill must have studied quantum physics or something. The message was posted at 9:33 PM and edited at 7:56 PM. laugh
Posted By: justbill Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/17/06 05:59 AM
What can I say, faster than a speeding bullet. cool
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/17/06 06:30 AM
wow!
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/17/06 09:29 AM
I guess I'm old fashioned, I prefer to use something with screws. The screwless devices I have seen don't seem to connect well after you access them a second time. Or, when a customer yanks the cord.

Seriously, how long does it take to set the screws? Plus, in 18 years, I've never had a customer complain because of screws on a faceplate.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/17/06 09:35 AM
I do like the look of a screwless faceplate, The faceplate screws on the acover snaps onto that, it looks nice and clean. I never use a screwless receptacle thogh, Like nfc said when you have to reacess them of the csr gives a good pull, you are sol
What good is it if you can't screw it? You can screw Levitons and with the Leviton JackRapid for simultaneous punching 8 wires, there is no reason for us to use any jack but Leviton.

If you don't know what a JackRapid is, google it and the first ten minutes you use it will convince you that it should have been invented twenty years ago.

If anyone thinks this is a blatent ad for Leviton, screw it. They make a good product, we have the 1st ammendment or the 2nd or the 5th or whatever it is and I don't want any old geezer telling me to shut up about a good product. So there. Don't make me show you the other end of that.
Posted By: OBTW Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/18/06 12:08 AM
Bun Bun can you dumb your post down a notch or 2 ? You lost me ! Thanks smile
Posted By: justbill Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/18/06 11:39 AM
Bunnie, here's the user agreement to review if you wish. It says nothing about talking up a product you use and like. It does say you can't plug your own product, which, if that's what you are referring to, was deleted out and the note put in about blatant advertising. So as you can see no one's messing with anyone's rights.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/agree_review.html
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/18/06 03:11 PM
We love our JackRapids too! Feel lost without them.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/18/06 05:23 PM
I prefer the ICC inline jack its easier and quicker then the Leviton even with the JR tool
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Cheetah Speed System - 07/18/06 06:25 PM
I have alweays been a leviton guy, I may have to give ICC a shot
Dear OBTW: The Leviton JackRapid is a punchdown tool that looks like a big red pistol. You put your 1, 2, 3, or 4 pairs of wire into a jack, slide it into the JackRapid and squeeze. All wires are terminated in one squeeze, nice, fast and clean.

I have used Leviton jacks for probably 20 years. I was talked into using the cheap Allan Tel jacks from Graybar and after I replaced enough defective jacks, I bought nothing but Leviton since. Cheap is not cheap when you have to go back to replace it.

And I was just pulling Justbill's chain for the hell of it. Every once in a while I have to get more fun loving that some people can understand.

And if you can't figure out "the other end of that," you arn't using it and it don't matter.
Posted By: CheetahFan Re: Cheetah Speed System - 09/21/06 10:00 PM
I just completed a new 4k sqft home and used cheetah. They are awesome. I saved on installation and I can use a standard switch in them if I want.
Mazel Tov. Thanks for the information.
Posted By: Herk Re: Cheetah Speed System - 09/22/06 04:20 AM
Just an FYI on the Jack Rapid line of product. They were formerly manufactured by Harris, which has now been acquired by Fluke. (More useless information in the ever expanding world of communication.)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help