atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RobCalltrol Avatars - 04/04/06 09:35 AM
Just asking what I'm missing in order to add an avatar. The profile allows me to link to a picture, which I did. But that's not an avatar. Nor do I have anyoption in the profile to link to a generic site-provided one. So now I'm wondering if it's something that's enabled only after a certain number of posts, or when I reach some level of status, or what?
Posted By: Kyawa Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 09:52 AM
Mine shows up in my profile but not my posts frown
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 10:06 AM
Don't confuse the Avatar link with the link for "Your Picture" which is also in your profile set up area. Next to Avatar Image there should be a hyperlink on the right side that says "Select a different Avatar Image." Click on that.
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 11:22 AM
Nope.. not present.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 11:28 AM
Not present? You mean the link that says "Select a different Avatar Image" isn't present?

If you don't see it, try doing a search on the page for Avatar just to make sure it's not there, but in the same type color as background color. Sometimes if you change your colors in Windows that can happen.
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 01:01 PM
Yep. No link. No text that says "Avatar". Use standard windows color scheme.

Some boards have the avatar option related to post count, some as high as 100 posts. But since I see people with like 20 - 30 posts with avatars... I was wondering what the policy was here..... Maybe the more I post replies confirming the lack of the option in my profile page... my post count will increase to the threshold. I also considered that maybe it was related to having a rating... but that too I dismissed as I looked at as many posts as I could looking at who had avatars and some had ratings and some not.

-edit
I should rephrase the lack of the word "avatar". The only instance I have is on the option to hide other people's avatars.

Also, I should note that I did a forum search for the word avatar, looking for instructions or requirements, and didn't find anything useful....
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 01:07 PM
After 25 posts you move to a Member, I think then you can activate an Avatar and signature.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 01:39 PM
I have often wondered the same thing, i've posted over 25 times and don't see an area anywhere in the profile options for setting an avatar. I was able to set a signatre from day one....
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 02:06 PM
test-ok: That would make sense, except that I'm already listed as a member....

I also wondered if the photo option in the profile became an avatar if the photo was sized down... but that didn't make a difference either.
Posted By: Crabb Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 02:18 PM
Once you have over 25 post you can select an Avatar. Go in and edit your profile - I think it is listed just under your birthday on the profile.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 02:30 PM
Originally it was a Jr. Member from 0 to 25 posts.
and a Member from 25 to 100 then your title goes to Installer (whether you are are not) We didn't like the Jr. Member title so we changed it to 0 to 100 as a member.
So after 25 posts you'll still be listed as a member but the Avater feature open up. I believe the Signature is open from the get go.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 03:23 PM
Sorry Rob. I gave you bad info.

When I joined we were using the old software. I forgot on the old version we didn't have an Avatar slot so I had mine in my sig line. I didn't know about the 25 post minimum.
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 03:42 PM
This makes a bit more sense now....

Mac- 'tis OK. I looked at your Moderator status and assumed you knew for sure. But what I really needed was test-ok and Crabb, being ADMINs to tell me what the board was configured for behind the scenes.

So, what's with PhoneSol, if he's got the 25, but still doesn't see an Avatar option?

(just adding more to my post count without an annoying 'bump')
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 03:52 PM
PhoneSol should have it.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 03:57 PM
What? Never trust a Mod Rob, lol. Actually like I said, the software changed a while back so it's good to know that's how it's working.

You're close to what you need though. Let's get your post count up and see if it appears. I know when I went from Tech to Sr. Tech the info changed on the exact post.

Jump into a few conversations in the booth.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avatars - 04/04/06 05:07 PM
what I really needed was test-ok and Crabb, being ADMINs to tell me what the board was configured for behind the scenes.
Most of the time we don't know either. wink
Posted By: TRONIC1 Re: Avatars - 04/11/06 01:45 PM
test
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avatars - 04/11/06 02:49 PM
Tronic1...I hope your resizing that avatar. please no bigger than 55x75 pixels.
thanks
Posted By: TRONIC1 Re: Avatars - 04/12/06 01:38 PM
Sorry test-ok. Yes I will be resizing it. Actually I thought I had but I guess I forgot to save it or something because it didn't take.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avatars - 04/12/06 02:59 PM
not a problem TRONIC1
I could see you were working on it. smile
I posted so you didn't have to go looking for the correct size.
Posted By: bcousins Re: Avatars - 04/13/06 09:52 AM
I finally added an avatar but I do not see it come up. Did I do it wrong???

Barb
Posted By: breed Re: Avatars - 05/21/06 07:03 PM
Originally posted by bcousins:
I finally added an avatar but I do not see it come up. Did I do it wrong???

Barb
Same here????
Posted By: Madd Merlin Re: Avatars - 06/01/06 07:41 PM
How do we get permission to upload avatar when we can have an avatar? Or does it depend on something?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Avatars - 06/01/06 07:59 PM
You don't actually upload it to the board. Once you have 25 posts, you will have a place in your profile set up to link to the pic. You'll need to have a place to host it.

welcome
Posted By: skip555 Re: Avatars - 06/02/06 06:06 AM
I am using a free account from Photobucket to host mine

most ISP's also offer some free webspace .
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Avatars - 06/11/06 08:31 AM
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Avatars - 06/11/06 08:37 AM
again
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Avatars - 06/11/06 08:42 AM
I'll just try this guy.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avatars - 06/12/06 04:14 PM
Nice avatar Texas!!

:thumb:
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Avatars - 06/12/06 04:18 PM
LoL, thanks Mike. Now if I could just find one where the fish don't get away we could have a fish fry.
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Avatars - 07/27/06 05:21 AM
Testing again.
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Avatars - 07/27/06 05:25 AM
and again
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help