atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JordonJ Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 06:05 AM
Just curious, why isn't there a forum for this system.

I thought it has as much use as NEC...
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 06:20 AM
Until Merritt brought it to our attention it appeared that almost no one else had heard of it. Don't know if a advertising issue or if it's in specific regions. I've never seen one or seen a bid involving/proposing one. :shrug:
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 07:35 AM
mmm..

Well, it has a Great system if you need something for hospitality.

Also, they have great customer service (you don't need certification in A+B=C courses).
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 08:21 AM
Well, don't keep it a secret. Do they have a web site?
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 10:09 AM
I think this is the link..I found it on merritts page:

https://www.transtelcommunications.com/
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 10:12 AM
Well, don't keep it a secret. Do they have a web site?
here is where you'll find it...

Sorry, I guess I thought it was more well known than it was. Just learning it myself, though our other Tech has been servicing the Super Key (now discontinued) for some time.

We also just installed a new phone just last summer.

It's the TDS 600 Hotel/Motel Feature Package.

It's a pretty robust system, though we had to update it at one point.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 11:02 AM
Hello Jeff glad to see another TransTel dealer here. I have sold them for about 10 years and really like the equipment and features. Not very many people here have heard of TransTel I hope that they will let dealers know about this forum in the next newsletter. If we can get more interest I'd be glad to moderate but for now we can use the other systems. My signiture logo will take you to my TransTel web page
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Trans-Tel - 05/19/06 11:39 AM
We don't deal with them quite as much as Intertel and Avaya, but we do have a few customers...
Posted By: KLD Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 12:03 PM
Linda is great to deal with ---

I've looked but at this time (personal) I haven't moved forward.

Looks good, talked to a dealer in the other end of the state --- HIGH praises, minimal negs. The negs were just minor features and they are in development for release soon.

Go for it!!!!!

KLD wink
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 03:13 PM
Yes, I'm about to pick up this product also.
Mark
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 03:28 PM
Do you have a monthly/yearly quota that you have to meet to be a dealer?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 05:22 PM
I would ask them to update their web page as there are a lot of dead links and discontinued product links. Merrritt's page links to more info but I'm unsure why the manufacturer wouldn't keep up with current info. New phone looks nice for an off name manufacturer. Could be interesting with a little factory effort.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 06:43 PM
Hi guys glad to hear you may consider trying them. The company in Florida is small and the tech support is also the web guy so he has a hard time to keep up thats why I tried to make a page to send my customers to for info. If any of you have questions about the product I'd be glad to answer them. I think the quality is equal to InterTel or Avaya but much more user and installer friendly. The line ranges from 4x8 (TD-824) to 640 ports TDS-80 x8. The TDS is programed with web browser and has CTI capabilities.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 06:57 PM
ACP and the associated modem feature sound pretty cool. I think I will look into it myself. Does anyone know if they plan to offer a converged system that will integreate with VoIP?
Posted By: tom@tgcomm Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 07:20 PM
I too have been in talks with Linda. Very nice to deal with. I have purchased a "demo kit" but honestly have not had time to play with it yet. I will be purchasing the hospitality tds 80 as soon as I get the nod from my costomer. :dance:
Posted By: metelcom Re: Trans-Tel - 05/20/06 08:13 PM
Ed I haven't done any but the TDS has a Voip card that has 3 channels they also have a Voip phone with 2 ports that looks just like the DK3 The system is made by Hybrex here are some links for the Voip

https://www.hybrex.com.au/product_IPPhone.php
https://www.hybrex.com.au/product_VIU.php
https://www.hybrex.com.au/product_GDS600.php
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Trans-Tel - 05/22/06 07:23 AM
Looks pretty good, but I gotta ask: Is this the same re-hashed system that is/was the PCS Digital, the Vodavi DHS, and a host of other products made by Tecom in Taiwan? The DK-1 phones look awful similar. Those were pretty good systems, but they have seen their day IMHO. Perhaps it is just the phones and the harware is different, that would be great, hey and with the VOIP card that is a good thing. Do you know if they have a full IP system in the works? I mean, everyone certainly does not need a full IP system, but the world is going that way; I would say within 5 years most if not all systems out there will be full IP, except the Key systems that will languish around like Analog systems still do to this day......pretty nifty looking system though!

Steve
Posted By: paul144 Re: Trans-Tel - 05/22/06 08:30 AM
Merrit, are you getting commisions?
I think you may have doubled their number of dealers just by talking about them here.
:banana:
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Trans-Tel - 05/22/06 02:03 PM
Another thing: We have put in several of the Super Key systems, and once they're up and running, they stay up.

Just not as "sexy" as the Avaya Partner... :rolleyes:
Posted By: metelcom Re: Trans-Tel - 05/22/06 03:40 PM
Paul I did send them this thread and they offered me a discount on some parts I want. Thanks Guys :sleep:
Posted By: TelecomGod42 Re: Trans-Tel - 05/23/06 01:52 PM
Its true...My father was a Maytag repair man and he loved them. He said he always fixed other brands more than he did Maytags. Course things have changed now, I think they are owned by Westinghouse or something....
Posted By: telemarv Re: Trans-Tel - 05/23/06 04:04 PM
I sent them an email enquiry through there web site 2 days ago... still waiting for a reply.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help