atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: glacier37 CO issue? - 09/15/06 06:12 AM
I have a customer with a Partner system with 6 lines coming in. Of the 6 lines (1fb's), three are working fine. The other 3 have been dropping calls, have a really bad echo, and when they call out they don't hear any ringing, but the people on the far end do. This is the same for people calling in, they hear dead air, but the people receiving the call hear ringing. I have replaced the whole system and the problem still remains. The local provider(Qwest) keeps telling me its not their problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted By: jacktel Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 06:32 AM
Have you tried a butt set at demark or even a house phone? sounds like Quest prob. Is this thru channel bank?--------------John
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 07:10 AM
Swap the lines around on the control unit - if the problem stays with the CO positions, it's the Partner. If it moves with the dial tones, it's the telco. If there is nothing else between MPOE and the Partner, such as alarm or anything connected in front of the control unit, any tech from the telco will agree it's on their end.
Posted By: ArmstrongTelecom Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 07:11 AM
Assuming isolating the demarc finding no problem.....

When hearg 3 lines working and 3 line having problems I think ACS and I would then look at the hardware

is it an ACS? with 3 lines on one card and 3 on the other?

Are all the lines that are bad on the same card?

Whats happens when you swap bad lines and good lines? Does the trouble follow the lines or stay on the card?
Posted By: anthonyh Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 08:10 AM
Start with isolating at the demark, remove your wiring so it is just thelecs network. If you duplicate he trouble at the nid, req a vendor meet with quest. prove to them the trouble exsist at the nid if needed request a forman be on site as well (good luck with this) If this rides a lec pairgain system it could be a defective line card in the CO
Posted By: glacier37 Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 09:34 AM
The 3 lines in question are all on the expansion card of the Partner system. I have swapped out the ACS, the 308EC, the carrier, and even the VM. I have tried arranging a meeting on site with Qwest, but the problem is sporratic so its been tough. It happens anywhere from 3 or 4 times a day to 30 or 40. I have tested at the demark with all equipment disconnected and have had the same problem. The problem is when they go out and check they stay for 5 minutes and say its working fine and they leave. I'm sure its their problem, I just don't know how to prove it to them.
Posted By: clanier Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 09:46 AM
How far from the CO or RT is your customer? I would ask them to do some transmission testing to measure the Loop Current, Loss, and a Freq test.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 09:54 AM
If happens at the nid it is a quest problem. Most likely a defective card in the RT
Posted By: glacier37 Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 10:10 AM
The customer is on the edge of town, but they have had the system for about 5 years and never had a problem. I just cornered one of the local Qwest techs and he is going to meet me out there this afternoon and we are going to do some testing. I will post back when I get done.
Posted By: justbill Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 10:34 AM
Sounds like Qwest to me. The audible ring back you hear when calling someone comes from the phone company CO, not your system. The only audible you get back from your system is on intercom ringing. The echo could be either. I like the idea of swapping the 3 good with the 3 bad. Are you on a lec local carrier?
Posted By: bf6b5yr Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 12:10 PM
This is a stretch but I had it happen. Try to find out what type of switch is in the C.O. If it is a 5RSM there could be a carrier problem between the remote switch (5RSM) and the Host 5ESS. It could be that only three of the lines are having a problem because 3 are in one RSM and 3 are in another. The reason the trouble is sporadic could be due to the volume of traffic between the remote and the host. There are several TCXR systems between each RSM and the Host. You may not hit the system with the problem until the call volume goes up. Having the C.O. turn on a Switch Cutoff Call Report may be helpful. This is assuming the switch is a 5ESS. Based on what I’ve read it sure seems to be Qwest’s problem.
Posted By: glacier37 Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 12:38 PM
I think the world is going to come to an end! The Qwest tech met me out there and after keeping him there for an hour we finally got it to happen at the demark. He contacted his switch tech at Qwest and they are trying to figure out exactly what the problem is. For some reason they seem to be clueless as to why its doing it. Either way, its less calls from the customer chewing my butt. :toast:
Posted By: IPKII Re: CO issue? - 09/15/06 06:17 PM
Vendor meet, vendor meet, vendor meet...

Sometimes you just have to insist the telco meet on site to work together on the customers behalf...

Hurray, on your your victory with the dreaded CLEC!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help