atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kraneworldchamp Recording device - 01/20/07 07:02 PM
Hey Guys I have a customer with a 4 line panasonic system (no KSU) he is looking for a device that can record the conversations on each line in his office he wants to record to his computer does anyone know of any good devices ?
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: Recording device - 01/20/07 07:23 PM
The only "conversation recording" systems that I'm familiar with are offered thru Securus . A couple years ago, they merged with Evercom. Their devices normally support jail-size phone systems, but they may be able to provide a solution that will work well with your customer's Panasonic system. Their systems are computer based, and save the call conversations in a .wav format.
Posted By: KENB Re: Recording device - 01/20/07 07:53 PM
Take a look @ voicegate.com and Omnicron.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Recording device - 01/21/07 03:58 PM
Google "Call Recording." There are a ton of devices.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Recording device - 01/21/07 04:27 PM
Something else to consider, is to make sure it is legal to record phone calls in your state.

It is here in Ky as long as one party knows the conversation is being recorded. But the way I understand it that's not the case in a lot of states.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Recording device - 01/22/07 08:46 AM
Originally posted by mdaniel:
Something else to consider, is to make sure it is legal to record phone calls in your state.

It is here in Ky as long as one party knows the conversation is being recorded. But the way I understand it that's not the case in a lot of states.
In Florida all parties have to know and give approval to be recorded.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Recording device - 01/22/07 09:46 AM
Recent discussion on the legalities here:

Sundance Forum
Posted By: justbill Re: Recording device - 01/22/07 11:07 AM
Let's not inundate him with the legalities, that's not what was asked for. I would hope anyone who wishes to do this would check with their own attorney or state before doing this.
Thanks,
Bill
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Recording device - 01/22/07 12:02 PM
Bill - that's why I put the link up to the other discussion. Didn't want to go through it all again here. Just felt like it might be going there and it's all been said before.
Posted By: justbill Re: Recording device - 01/22/07 12:06 PM
Thanks Stacey. Sometimes it's pretty easy to get off track, just takes a gentle nudge to get it back again.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Recording device - 01/23/07 09:52 AM
I'll be more specific in my intention next time smile ON TOPIC - I had a customer use one of these recently but was not satisfied with it, returned it, and decided to go back to the integrated "record" feature on the phone system.
Posted By: BERIL123 Re: Recording device - 10/16/09 08:43 AM
Please click on the Advertise link which is at the top of every page for Advertising rates
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Recording device - 10/21/09 04:16 PM
Many voicemails offer a live recording feature (Mitel Mail, for example).

Also, Radio shack used to make a recording device which would remotely start a tape recorder when the affected line went off-hook. Obviously, it only worked for analog lines, and you would need a recorder for each line.
Posted By: justbill Re: Recording device - 10/21/09 06:11 PM
This topic is close to 3 years old. Locking.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help