atcomsystems.ca/forum
HI! There fellow phone tecs, i have a new customer with a request for ,a ksu for singles bar which only will be used for intercom, 24 extentions , i have a used toshiba dk280 was thinking of using 3 rstu cards which is 24 analogue ports for cheaper sli sets. will this work or will there be limited amount of talk paths and dtmf receiver capabilites, such as if 12 people try to intercom 12 other people at the same time, or will it be better to get the digital station cards,pdku cards and use digital extentions. Thanks
I believe that it should work. I'd try it if at all possible to use SLT's in a bar...spilled drinks etc. and therefore much less expensive to change out.

Dave
Hi! THANKS , Still curious if the 12 people will be able to call 12 other people at the same time with single line telephones on the toshiba dk280, anybody know the main processor has a rrcs4 which has to do with dtmf receivers, i started to think i may have to upgrade to a 12, i should have put this in the toshiba section DOH.An adminstrator can move this . Thanks
The DTMF receivers are only used to dial the call. Let me think....3 seconds to dial 3 digits tops. Ummm, I don't think you're going to need more than 4. Only 4 people can dial at the same time, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Someone might have to wait a couple of seconds to dial.

Carl
HI! Thanks i will have to see if customer will be satified, with people having to wait. May have to upgrade to an 8 receiver board , thanks ,for input.
I've done a few places like this. I used older refurbed Mitel SX100 with 217 software, inexpensive and efficient. Simple 2500 sets at each table.
Mark
HI! Mark i thought about mitel systems also , but haven,t seen one in decades, not sure if i would have to program it , with a console or is their a new way to do this, i will see if their are any around or an sx50.Thanks
I recently got a bid on an SX50 for someone ,it was for an old Motel,The PhoneSuite64 equipped for 32 stations was so near the price ,I sold them a new PhoneSuite.
HI! Gene ,WHAT UP WITH THAT! Phonesuite 64 , is that hybrid commdore 64, just joking, seriously never heard of this product is it reliable, where can i find their website . Thanks
call Fred (55footer) mitel mod. I bet he can fix you up for less then you think.
Mark
Phonesuite is from Call Management products, the same company that makes the 2 port auto attendant for small hotel/motels. Try www.phonesuite.com for a link.

The whole point of this thread, I thought, was to reuse an existing piece of equipment for a bar.
Of course, the problem with a Pana 11D is that one day you may turn it off and it will never turn back on :-) (those darn switching power supplies)

Carl
If someone needs information on phone suite please let me know I have been a dealer for almost 2 years now and I find it to be a real good product. Carl posted the link but if you have trouble with that link there is a link on my websit for them also. I am not trying to take anything from this thread I am just trying to be as helpful as possible. Good luck with your situation.
I have been a PhoneSoite dealer since their inseption,I have at least 20 inservice ,All of them have been rock solid, Their tech supportis unbeleivable, They have continually strived for customer satisfaction. I took it the man was open for suggestions,As I stated I had recently
priced a stripped SX50, it was very close in price ,and I was told it would be at least two weeks before they could put one together.This was from the nations "largest Mitel reseller",
If they are having problems putting together a complete system for resale,When will the parts be the same way? Consoles are very hard to find now. I like the 50 but it's time has passed in my opinion.They were a very rock solid system also.
I agree the mitel system's were great and I have several in service and they are great systems also. I just love all that the phone suite have to offer.
If you were comparing phone systems, try PhoneSuite against a current Mitel product. The SX-50 is going to be a tough acquisition since it's been MD'd for about 10 years!!!! The National Mitel reseller will tell you up front that the 50's superconsole is a tough buy.

The 200-ICP is the current Mitel switch. If you're buying it for the lodgin industry, it's competitive.

Carl
I totally understand that Mitel is still competive and I was not trying to compare the 2 I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth of knowledge on this situation. The mitel or the phone Suite will work well in this situation. Along with 1 or 2 other systems that come to mind.
Let's get it back on Topic folks. topic
Edited above post for content not allowed. See TOS.
You're right, not the place or topic.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help