atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Timbo AT&T Digital Link Service? - 05/18/07 07:29 AM
I have a customer that wanted to have us install a PRI on their Vodavi telephone system. To make a long story short, they have an existing "Data" T1 from AT&T that is sitting idle (they don't need it and have never used it) and it is too costly for them to cancel their term contract on it. I approached AT&T about "re-engineering" the T1 to a Voice PRI but they are telling me that they can't provide a PRI and support local calling for this particular customer (the customer is in kind of a remote location) but they gave me the option of changing over to what they are calling their "Digital Link" service and it will supposedly support local as well as LD calling both for inbound and outbound.

I have never heard of this service and was wondering if anyone has some info on it...supposedly it connects to the phone system via T1 handoff???

Thanks,
Timbo
Posted By: hbiss Re: AT&T Digital Link Service? - 05/18/07 07:36 AM
That T probably was a point to point, customers location to maybe their ISP or maybe another location.

"Digital Link" is just a product name for pri or a full 24 voice channel T back to their CO.

-Hal
Posted By: Timbo Re: AT&T Digital Link Service? - 05/18/07 07:59 AM
Hal,
yes you are right...they originally got the T1 for Internet use but ended up doing something different so that they could get higher bandwidth.

I realize that AT&T is not really changing the Data T1 to voice....rather it's just a way that they can justify cancelling the Data T1 without penalty because they are replacing it with another similar circuit.
I was just curious if I would have anything to worry about trying to connect the "Digital Link" service to my PBX....it doesn't make sense to me that AT&T "can't" provide a PRI but the "can" provide Digital Link which sounds to me like it's almost the same thing???
Posted By: anthonyh Re: AT&T Digital Link Service? - 05/18/07 08:00 AM
pm sent
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help