atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: codasco704 DSL - 03/01/03 01:53 PM
I'm still pondering the idea of a new system. When I saw that Partner ACS systems had DSL cards available, it got me thinking. What kind of DSL line do I need. Can I just call my phone company and get a standard A-DSL line used for broadband internet access and plug it right into the DSL card on the KSU?
Posted By: dtmf Re: DSL - 03/01/03 02:19 PM
You need SDSL. The DSL module wasn't a big seller because SDSL is not widely available. If you can get it they work good. From what I understand Avaya is now field testing T1 for the partner.
Posted By: mitchthephoneman Re: DSL - 03/01/03 02:22 PM
lotsa programming problems incorporated with the dsl card...a real failure for AVAYA...
Posted By: codasco704 Re: DSL - 03/01/03 02:26 PM
Eh, damn. I'm guessing SDSL is more expensive compared to ADSL?
Posted By: dtmf Re: DSL - 03/01/03 03:37 PM
Yea a little more money but it's cheaper then a T1 and you are getting 16 lines plus Internet. As far as programming goes, I've had no problems programming and the equipment is still operating fine. No problems with any we have put in.

Mitch,
I'm curious, what problems did you have? All of ours went in with no problems.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited March 01, 2003).]
Posted By: gkar Re: DSL - 03/01/03 08:02 PM
I put in a bunch. I thought they were a breeze. No problems here. All my customers are happy.
Posted By: jsaad Re: DSL - 03/02/03 08:27 AM
who are the providers of SDSL voice service?
Posted By: dtmf Re: DSL - 03/02/03 09:01 AM
Try your local CO provder to see if the have it, you can also try this link.
https://www.ntsource.com/
Posted By: codasco704 Re: DSL - 03/02/03 05:07 PM
So I went and looked at ntsource.com. They have about three different SDSL packages. If I order the 192k it won't give me as many phone lines as the 1.5MB deal, correct?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help