atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OCI Alternate source to DESI - 08/02/07 05:29 AM
DESI.com is fine for die cut, paper button templates. We use them too. Do any interconnects have good alternate sources the same product? Thanks!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/02/07 05:56 AM
Telrad has switched to only DESI for their labels. So instead of me buying them and marking them up running the risk of the customer finding DESI (which wouldn't be very hard because all of the labels have the toll free number and web address) and saying I over charged them they found them on DESI.com for $xx.00
Posted By: skip555 Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/02/07 05:59 AM
NEC has done the same , you cant buy them from DESI , there a NEC part number , but DESI labels .
Posted By: hbiss Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/02/07 06:42 AM
Overlaypro.com

-Hal
Posted By: telsetrepair Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/02/07 07:23 AM
Overtech inc

https://www.overtechinc.com/
Posted By: OCI Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 05:06 AM
Thanks for the responses. Feel the same way. We will followup on suggestions.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 05:56 AM
I'm with Hal, Overlay Pro, once known as Baudcom.
Easy to use and set up. Nice people to deal with. https://www.overlaypro.com/
MrG
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 06:22 AM
Same here,.....we have been using overlaypro for 5 or 6 years.
Posted By: rage Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 07:28 AM
Wow, thanks for the overlaypro information! Is the software as intuitive as Desi is as far as extension name changes and the program codes that desi has? Can it save a database of all the labels as Desi does as well?

Thanks!
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 07:39 AM
Yes, you have complete control over it.
All you need to do is an initial allignment for your specific printer.
MrG
Posted By: skip555 Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 07:54 AM
i like that DESI is a free software download . after the initial install I like to turn future Desi changes over to the customer , let them download the software and print what they need when they need it .
Posted By: merlinman Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/03/07 05:29 PM
Considering Legends and Magix do not have special "HOLES" in them, I have created a CD to easily create Desi Strips for all of those with Excel.

I don't give it away, but it's not a whole lot.

Now, when it comes to PARTNERS, I will probably go with https://www.overlaypro.com/ as mentioned above.

It looks good to me.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/05/07 08:27 PM
Originally posted by skip555:
i like that DESI is a free software download . after the initial install I like to turn future Desi changes over to the customer , let them download the software and print what they need when they need it .
We do the same Skip. We load Desi-lite on the customer PC and add the Desi web-site to their favorites. Minor problem though for customers with more that 10 phones.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Alternate source to DESI - 08/05/07 08:44 PM
In that case, they can create multiple files. I believe it's 20, not 10, isn't it?

Anyway, the Lite limitation sucks if you start out by creating a label file for them using Pro, and if you used codes. Without codes, it's pretty easy to break it into individual files (Save As), but if you use codes, and there's more than the limit that Lite has, then they either have to buy Pro, or someone has to make a new file without using codes. The codes are such a time saver in the long run. Name changes are a piece of cake when you use codes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help