atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: O'Neal Using 2 Telephone Test Sets to communicate - 08/29/07 06:34 AM
Is it possible to use 2 telephone test sets to communicate over a multiconductor cable? We work on alot of ships installing A/V systems, and walkie talkie's will not work in most spaces onboard.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Back in the day I had a Pickup with a topper headed out on vacation, kids in the back, parents up front. I used 2 testsets and a toner for line battery to talk to the back. So as long as you have something for talk battery and your on the same pair you should be able to make it work.
Like SS said, that's what the battery on the tone is for. Don't just connect it across the line though, on the end supplying the battery put your butt set lead on one side of the pair, the other lead to one side of the battery and the other battery lead to the other side of the pair, works much better and for greater distances.
The units I have both have internal 9V batteries, is this sufficient for the required power?

Thank you guys for the reponses.
You will need to supply talk battery with a different device, I used my toner because it also doubles as a way to notify the other end I am calling and what pair I am on, the 9V in the test set just runs the test set.
Roger that, I will give this a try. I really appreciate the help. I will let you know what I find out.

thanks again.
Works Perfectly. Thank you guys for your help.
You're welcome and thanks for letting us know.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help