atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bud Tunis message waiting light - 09/11/07 03:59 PM
I have call waiting and caller id plus Verizon voicemail. In the last month I have placed at least a dozen calls to verizon repair with no results. I get sutter dial tone when I have a message waiting but NO visual Rapid Flashing lamp. This is serviced by a northern Telcom DMS switch in Madison NJ. I remember in the old word of 1A and 1E switches that they had to have a orignating bit marked in the programing. These days you can't get anybody that will talk to you. This problem is on 2 sets on the same line the other sets do not have new call or message waiting. The new call lamp does work. All words of wisdom are welcome.
Thanks bud
Posted By: MooreTel Re: message waiting light - 09/11/07 04:28 PM
It's definately a Verizon issue. When the line was ordered there are two types of delivery of the signal, the one you have is "stutter tone". The other with the light must be specified when ordering or can be changed. Push them for it.

However, The message waiting light is not always available in all areas.

Dave
Posted By: anthonyh Re: message waiting light - 09/11/07 05:54 PM
pm sent
Posted By: bf6b5yr Re: message waiting light - 09/12/07 04:42 AM
Tell them you want MWI Both.

Overview

Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) is a Verizon Voice Messaging System (VMS) service feature, which provides audible and/or visual signaling to indicate messages in a voice mailbox.

Feature Options

MWI options:
Audible (stuttered dial tone)
Visual (activates a light on the telephone set)
Both audible and visual

Service Types

The following Resale service types are available for MWI:
Single Line
Multi-Line
Centrex
The following Platform service types are available for MWI:
Single Line
Multi-Line
AD9 Centrex
Centrex
Posted By: tel_lineman Re: message waiting light - 09/19/07 10:27 AM
Did you check in the voice mail options to turn on or off the msg waiting indicator.

edited for spelling
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help