atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/13/07 10:07 AM
I am looking for some wireless speakers for cold produce storage rooms in a warehouse. What is needed is one transmitter and (5)separate wireless receiver/speakers, with maximum daitance of 300ft. These are for large refridgerated area where customer stores produce, with fairly-thin, insulated aluminum walls. Customer says other companies have this, so the wireless speakers should work through the walls, since they are not steel.

Does anyone know where I might look for these?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/13/07 10:29 AM
You might try MCM Electronics at www.MCMInone.com
Posted By: metelcom Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/13/07 02:25 PM
Any speaker with much volume is going to need a good power source, batteries in a cold environment sounds like a maintenance nightmare convince them into a real system with wires.
Posted By: Kumba Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/14/07 08:19 AM
Aluminum will still dampen radio... what do you think the braid/shield of all your Cable TV lines are? Steel and Copper just work better (being denser). Copper works better then steel because it's a better conductor then steel. Atleast this is how it was explained to me way back when. If i'm wrong feel free to correct me smile
Posted By: hbiss Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/14/07 09:37 AM
I agree with Merritt and Kumba, get a real intercom. The fact that the coolers are lined with thin aluminum offers no advantage over any other metal and thickness, it will cause problems. I can't even see how something with batteries would be a consideration.

-Hal
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/14/07 09:53 AM
Ask customer for name of establishment that has this 'fabled' system, and then check it out and educate us. I'll bet it turns out to be either 25/70 volt system, or something using the ac power as both a carrier and a power source. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: jjimm Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/17/07 12:05 PM
AC power is available in the fridge rooms. I did not ever consider battery operated units. AC power is a thought, though.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Wireless Moisture-proof Speakers - 09/17/07 12:05 PM
AC power is available in the fridge rooms. I did not ever consider battery operated units. AC power as a carrier is a thought, though.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help