atcomsystems.ca/forum
I know the devices for sharing a line between a fax machine, voice, & modem etc... have been discussed often and I've seen the "Stick" and I've installed a device made by Command Communications in a few locations.

I remember seeing something about an inexpensive device that was to be installed at every phone and pc that would supposedly prevent interruptions but for the life of me I can't recall who made it.
Anyone know about it?

FYI here's what I'm faced with.
In this particular situation there is no fax or voice involved.
The customer is sharing a line between a two pc's and a credit card machine. All of them are for outbound calls only. The pc causing the problem is the property of the state of Texas so doing anything to it other than plugging the phone line into it is out of the question.
This is one of those machines that dials out when the customer puts an inspection sticker on a vehicle and associates the vin number with the inspection sticker serial number supposedly to prevent sticker piracy.
My customer is hacked off because he was told by the state he would not have to spend any additional money and that sharing the line would be no problem.
Now that a problem is occurring the tech support people told him to just unplug the credit card machine until they actually need to run a credit card or pay for a dedicated line. DUH. mad

The problem he's having is that the state computer does not always dial out immediately when a new sticker is scanned, therefore, he can't look to make sure no one is running a credit card before scanning a new sticker.
Same device as you mentioned ,First come first serve.
You could try an Ultra200 from Norelco Telecom. It can either be set up for line sharing as you desire or to use for distinctive ringing. Either setup blocks the ports not currently being used.

It, as I assume all, would be 1st come 1st serve.

PM Sent.

Dave
Mike Sandman:

https://www.sandman.com/lineshar.html

Or to be really cheap:

https://www.sandman.com/accy.html
Think Viking makes some privacy cords and other devices
Thanks guys.
I just have a feeling this problem is going to arise many times in the near future and I was hoping to have a solution right then for the customer without having to stock a lot of expensive equipment on the truck.
https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/pdf/privacy.pdf

Think TG1
A simple privacy device like above is the ticket.

I'm surprised the "State" does'nt Require a dedicated line. One might be cheaper in the long run.
They can't blame it on any other equipement connected if there's a problem....Maybe.
the cs7500 will do that it has 3 separate ports
Simple one! Plug the CC Machine into the phone jack on the modem. If the modem is using the line, no dial tone will be present, if the CC Machine is using the line, the modem will not initialize correct and will delay the dial.
Viking TG-1. 1 per device. If it's being used on a pbx or s/l ports in a key system and the line voltage is less than about 40 VDC on hook, contact Viking directly as they have a 'lo-voltage' version. Otherwise, you can probably get TG-1's at most suppliers. Graybar, Jenne, etc. John C. (Not Garand)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help