atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: adteldon Vodavi install - 09/19/07 02:13 PM
Actually this is not a Vodavi quuestion . It probably should go under general telecom, but anyway. Has anyone ever heard of Pandora Networks ? I have a new customer that currently has their service, which is all VOIP. They want to scale back down to a key system and utilize lines the traditional way. Their internet provider is Nuvox. My question is this. Can the numbers owned by Pandora Networks be ported to Nuvox ? Also can the 800 numbers be ported as well ? I am waiting on Nuvox to respond but I am a little impatient. Thanks if you have a clue.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi install - 09/19/07 02:21 PM
You're right, this should go under the General heading. You'll get a lot more coverage there. Moving....
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Vodavi install - 09/20/07 05:32 AM
I have not heard of Pandora before....though I have seen that some of the SIP line carriers do not let you port numbers.....but I am not sure about Pandora. My opinion is that if Pandora will let Nuvox then Nuvox will port them.

Steve
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Vodavi install - 09/20/07 06:43 AM
The way it has been looking, if you got the lines new from Pandora, they may not let you take them. I had a customer that had Vonage, got new numbers from Vonage, and was upset when he found out that technically, he was only renting those numbers from them. He did not own them.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Vodavi install - 09/24/07 06:54 AM
It turns out Nuvox originally owned the numbers and rcf'd them to Pandora. So basically the forwarding will be removed and all is good. Thanks guys .
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Vodavi install - 09/24/07 02:55 PM
Congrat's....but you ARE very lucky...

Dave
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help