atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: waterboy General Advice on Phone systems - 09/25/07 07:50 AM
I have been asked to provide insight (because I was given intertel axxess programming and phone system support and maintenance duties a few years ago) to someone going into a new building. Centrex communications will be needed to communicate with other facilities and systems. Any words of wisdom I can pass on to this individual for his selection process of new systems? I have not investigated voip due to the expense of upgrades ie. not needing to fix something that isn't broken. Thanks in advance for any clues.
Posted By: DN27 Re: General Advice on Phone systems - 09/25/07 08:24 AM
Most manufacturers have quality systems that will do the job. I happen to be an NEC Aspire fan but as has been stated on here many times the company doing the install and service is the most important choice you will have to make. You will be dealing with them for a few years at the least and you need to make sure they can do the job properly.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: General Advice on Phone systems - 09/25/07 08:29 AM
VOIP. The darling of the industry. It doesn't mean you have to change out the ENTIRE system. There's a Skype variant of it called Vosky that would require about 4 loop start trunks and broadband access to feed a bazillion phones in the remote locations or other Vosky boxes.

Now, I've never tried one yet, so maybe someone else has better input. Personally I don't exactly want to be first. www.vosky.com gets you to the sales stuff.

Carl
Posted By: Al Dukes Re: General Advice on Phone systems - 09/25/07 02:14 PM
I have used Centrex for the application you ask about above. As long as you're within the same C.O., it will work flawlessly. The equipment I favor is the NEC DSX line, depending on the size of the operation/office, you can choose the 40, 80, or 160. They work great, easy to install, very easy to program. Also, the NEC Tech Support is top notch in my opinion.

Good Luck,

Al Dukes :dance:
Posted By: Kumba Re: General Advice on Phone systems - 09/26/07 07:46 AM
I'd recommend a Hybrid system just in case the centrex doesn't work as planned. Always nice to have a Plan B.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help