atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mwaechter Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 11:01 AM
I'm looking for a reputable dealer of equipment (mushrooms, blue boards, purple boards, mod plugs etc.); I would love to have some input as to who y'all use. I would gladly say I was referred by the users and maybe get y'all a little kickback. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 11:15 AM
You can get that stuff from a number of places...CSC, Graybar, Anixter.
Posted By: KENB Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 11:33 AM
Matc in Lancaster ,Charlotte St should have most 1-800-325-4266 or 1-717-396-9968
Posted By: p2ii Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 11:40 AM
We always used Provisions Modular Hardware in upstate NY. www.provisionsmod.com good guys over there.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 11:50 AM
Solonics, Inc. is an excellent manufacturer of backboards and they will sell direct to you. Many of the Bell companies buy from them. Their phone number is 650-589-9798. Contact is Carl.

Target Distributing is very good for the remaining items. Their number is 800-873-5528. Contact is David Smith (X1134).

Eltas Direct is very good as well. They are in your neck of the woods anyway, so delivery times should be pretty good. Their number is 800-488-2830, contact is Joe.
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 12:33 PM
I'm glad this came up, and hope I don't derail the topic too much...

I miss the day when I used to walk into AllTel in Dallas and say to the guys behind the counter, "give some cross connect wire, some D Rings, and a box of biscuit jacks." and they knew exactly what I meant. Didn't need me to give him a part number. Oh well...

Now, depending on the items, I use Anixter (just about anywhere), ADI (Mempis TN), and TeleDynamics (Austin TX). But most of the time I have to explain in excrusiating (sp?) detail what it is I'm looking for. Gave up on Graybar a while back because they lost EVERY bid I shot their way. Anixter is most expensive of the three that I use, however they have a big selection.

I may check out some of the vendors mentioned.
Posted By: jacktel Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 01:24 PM
Graybar in Phila. used to have many common use supplies out in open,I'd walk thru picking up what I needed and usually bought more because of it.Then they put everything behind counter,I started buying only needed items as it takes time to go thru counter guy. Now they have many items back on shelves in public area ,much faster shopping.
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 02:54 PM
Originally posted by jacktel:
Graybar in Phila. used to have many common use supplies out in open,
That's the way it should be.
Free popcorn?
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 03:47 PM
Graybar in Cleveland has a large counter area with stuff out in the open. It's nice because you can see the product. They also have free popcorn and donuts.
The alarm suppliers also have most everything out in the open. One of the electrical suppliers I deal with locally has EVERYTHING behind the counter, so you tell them what you need, they write it down, go get it, and you hope it's the right thing. On electrical supplies, I never know part numbers so sometimes it's a guessing game.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/14/08 06:27 PM
Jeff, I found that being a passable sketch artist can work wonders! smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/15/08 04:43 AM
Graybar in Columbus has commonly used items out in the open too, it really makes a diff, when you can grab a bag of jacks, a log of tape, a box screws and walk up to the counter ready to checkout... instead of the list and number game.

I usually call ahead and order stuff that's not in the open, and have it sitting in will call.

and of course free popcorn. smile
Posted By: mwaechter Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/15/08 10:51 AM
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
Graybar in Cleveland has a large counter area with stuff out in the open. It's nice because you can see the product. They also have free popcorn and donuts.
The alarm suppliers also have most everything out in the open. One of the electrical suppliers I deal with locally has EVERYTHING behind the counter, so you tell them what you need, they write it down, go get it, and you hope it's the right thing. On electrical supplies, I never know part numbers so sometimes it's a guessing game.
I have used this Graybar many times (across from the lake), they also have the best free peanuts! The guys here seem to actually know what they are doing.
Posted By: MrPhones Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/15/08 02:44 PM
I personally don't care for graybar, but tend to use some smaller shops that we can send some volume to. I find the service is much better, although large jobs will require some advance notice since they don't stock enough. Just ordered 300 swivel J hooks and they had only 50??? That's the downside.
Posted By: kjwiewall Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/15/08 03:38 PM
Chech on line there is eltas direct in Pa. teledata express in Ark. they are both cheap if you have a day or 2.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/15/08 03:54 PM
I've also had good luck working with CSC in Akron, OH (formerly Famous Telephone) They always had what I needed, in stock, and would ship to the jobsite. This was great because the branch is about 45 minutes away from me.
Posted By: B4CABLEGIRL Re: Telecom equipment sales... - 02/28/08 12:47 PM
Don't push your sales and material on this board.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help