atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Sydeshow MO Speech to text/email - 10/28/08 09:34 AM
What phone sytem/voicemail will allow the ability to receive an email then show up in our email as text or even maybe a recorded message in a voicemail box.

The company uses BlackBerry's when away and subcribes to enterprice service via the email server at the office. In the office Outlook is used.

-MO
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Speech to text/email - 10/28/08 11:12 AM
The NEC Aspire with Aspire DMS voice mail can do that. IT shows up in your email as a .wav file. There are several systems that will do this.
Posted By: royb Re: Speech to text/email - 10/28/08 06:20 PM
ShoreTel does this. can email the user a voicemail notification...and/or also email the user with a .wav file attachment of the voicemail. works well.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Speech to text/email - 10/28/08 08:49 PM
I may be reading this wrong, but it sounds like Sydeshow MO wants an e-mail with the .wav file as well as a transcribed text version of the same voice message.

If so I think you would have to introduce a third party software to do the transcription and then pass it on to e-mail. May be something like Jott.com uses. Teleco voice-processing systems will send e-mails with .wav files, but as far as I know will not send an attached transcribed text file too.

BTW, I love Jott.com and it's many, many uses. It integrates well with Outlook too.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Speech to text/email - 10/28/08 08:59 PM
sounds like unified messaging which a lot of systems have the functionality for...I have used it on the Inter-Tel Axxess and 5000. Your voicemails just show up in your inbox as a sound file. Some of the people here at UT are testing it on our NEC NEAX 2400...
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Speech to text/email - 10/29/08 04:19 AM
The Esnatech Telephony Office Linx Unified Communications platform will deliver email messages to your voicemail and use voice synthesization to read those emails to you. While not always perfect, it does a very decent job of translating the text to speech. You would need the TTS add-on to the Basic License and UC Client licenses for each user that requires full synchronization between voicemail and email. It’s a very pricey application with some stability issues, but well worth it if used to its fullest potential.
Posted By: Jim Cooper Re: Speech to text/email - 11/01/08 09:18 AM
If they are using BB's they can open wav's right on the device. My * system sends email notifications to my BB and I can play the wav.
Posted By: SDuane Re: Speech to text/email - 12/10/08 11:23 AM
check out <a href='https://www.messagesling.com'>www.messagesling.com</a> we do exactly that, turn voicemail into text.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help