atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 09:09 AM
Do you have any recommendations for a very small phone system to handle 2 analog lines and 3 phone sets? One of the lines is also their fax line. Nothing fancy.

I've installed Norstar CICS and MICS for years, both on my own and with GTE before that, and occasionaly get requests like the one above. I've never had a good answer for these potential coustomers. A Norstar is way more money than they need for that few phones and lines. But I don't want to carry another line of spare equipment, etc. Just not enough activity to justify that.

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: ckfender Re: Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 09:12 AM
With no voice mail the NEC DSX40 is less costly
easy to program after you the get down the navigating.
Posted By: justbill Re: Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 09:56 AM
Your going to get a lot of different answers. For a small no frills system with a built in auto attendant and voice mail I don't think you can beat the XBlues X-16. Easy to install, easy to program.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 10:26 AM
XBlue X-16 is a perfit fit.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 10:36 AM
I'm going to have to agree on that. Not to mention, it has line in-use indication on the CO ports, so they'll be able to put the FAX line on the system if they want.
Posted By: Jadix Re: Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 10:44 AM
I will agree with the X-16 as well. We have a couple of them out there now and the customers seem to love them. Like Bill said EASY to program.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Small system recommendations - 11/21/08 11:06 AM
And I'll have to second the DSX. If their needs ever change and they need somethng other than bare bones, the DSX can hande it at a very fair price point.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Small system recommendations - 11/23/08 05:44 PM
Avaya's One-X Quick edition. Peer to peer, every phone includes voicemail 2 or more phones gets you an AA.

OH, and with 3 or more phones, you can have remote workers as well.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help