atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Trend Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 12:04 PM
Currently I am using Catalyst Telecom as my Avaya distributor. I found them at a technolgy show in Chicago several years ago and haven't had too many complaints. However, they are out of South Carolina and I am in Michigan. That leads me to my question, which pretains to other distributor choices. I was at a Catalyst school for IP Office and one of the other students said they used Jenne out of Avon, Ohio. I looked at their site and it looks like they have most of the products I am using. I would like to hear about referals for Jenne if there out there.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 12:11 PM
Jenne is great. Highly recommended based upon my experience with them.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 12:11 PM
Are you an Avaya BP? Please complete your profile less vaguely so we know who we are talking to.

-Hal
Posted By: Trend Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 12:48 PM
Updated profile. Still trying to find my way around this forum. I'm new here and not trying to step on anyone's toes. Let me know if all is in order. Thank you for the recommendation. I was also told that when you attended school at Jenne that you could do the certification tests at the conclusion of the week. Not so at Catalyst. Your on your own.
Posted By: justbill Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 12:58 PM
Welcome Trend. welcome Born and raised in Sturgis, get back once a year or so.

I also use Jenne for some products, no problems.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 01:29 PM
Jenne is good. They are local to me and a good company to work with.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 01:52 PM
Looks good.

Yup, I deal with Jenne all the time. I know Mike deals with Catalist and I haven't heard of any problems with them either. I think your only issue may be shipping time. Other than that I don't think you can go wrong either way.

-Hal
Posted By: kraneworldchamp Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 02:09 PM
I have used jenne for about 5 years they have always been great
Posted By: DayTech Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 04:20 PM
I am a new Avaya BP and Have only dealt with Jenne. They have exceeded my expectations at every step in the process. The IPO is new to us as a company and to be honest I was a little timid up until I went to there training class last month. After attending, I have the confidence we can handle it and if not they have our back.

For example of the service, I emailed my sales guy a question yesterday at 4:24, by 4:25 he had it sent to tech support. By 4:40 my phone rang with someone more than willing to walk me through the process I needed.
Posted By: LaneComm Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 04:48 PM
Yup,

Been using Jenne for many years - TOP SHELF.

Great tech support.

Ihave sent 7 or 8 techs for IPO training all were certified at weeks end.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 04:49 PM
We deal with Jenne, Catalist, and Voda One.
Jenne is a good company to deal with. And them being close to you would definitely be a plus.
Posted By: johhz Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/14/09 07:22 PM
I switched from Graybar to Jenne about 8 years ago. Never looked back. They are now getting about 80% of my business. 100% for panasonic.
Posted By: Trend Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/15/09 05:22 AM
I got my answer. LaneComm says he sent techs to school at Jenne and they were certified at weeks end. mdaniel says he uses both Catalyst and Jenne. I don't have a problem with Catalyst except that my assigned sales rep isn't very helpful. One call I did get a really sharp tech and he was very helpful. Like day and night. Using both distributors looks like a good solution. Thank's for the referals. Any questions for me....shoot away.
Posted By: Bopper Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 01/15/09 05:53 AM
We use Jenne and they have great tech support. Went to Panasonic TDA school there and it's like night & day calling Panasonic tech support and Jenne tech support. Get picked up right away unlike Panasonic TS.
Posted By: brokenlizzard Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 06/05/09 11:00 PM
We have been using Jenne for the last few years and have had a great relationship with them.
Posted By: KENB Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 06/06/09 05:24 AM
Also use Jenne always right on never a problem,
Left Graybar when the last guy that spoke telephone retired.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 06/06/09 06:06 AM
We use Catalyst mainly, but are using Jenne for some internet sales as Jenne will drop ship with our company logo. I absolutely love our sales rep with Catalyst. We have had her through dozens of Avaya ICAM's and other nitwits.

Catalyst ships equipment at no charge (insurance only) so when we get battery back ups, we use Catalyst....
Posted By: hbiss Re: Telecom Distributor choices - 06/06/09 10:18 AM
Old thread. Topic closed.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help