atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hmc system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 12:43 PM
What system would you recommend for handling over 100 t/r devices as well as 20 - 30 system phones? Price is a big concern and needs to have t1/pri ability? I'm thinking a magix but didn't know if there was something that is still made that would fit the bill.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 01:18 PM
Vodavi's (Vertical) XTS-IP will handle that requirement like a walk in the park. Price is middle of the road in most cases.
Posted By: 6string Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 01:19 PM
An IP Office could handle it.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 01:20 PM
Magix is a good fit, but IP Office would be the current choice.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 02:03 PM
As an interconnect, what systems do you sell & maintain? I certainly wouldn't install a system that I had to learn--just for a one-deal shot.

If you'r familiar with Majix (as TTT says--not the current choice), stay with it as long as you and your customer know what the status of it is.

Mitel makes these tyoe of systems as their core market. Hotels, schools, large businesses with 100 plus s/l stations and 20-50 digital stations. But it can get expensive.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 02:30 PM
What's the application?
Posted By: metelcom Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 02:53 PM
TransTel also has a lodging system that will do 100+ slt with the 30-40 key phones. I just got done installing one with 40 key stations and 240 slt ports.
[Linked Image from i225.photobucket.com]
Posted By: hmc Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 02:56 PM
nursing home. Doesn't the cost of the ip office get a little high for t/r devices? We used to be a Vodavi dealer, haven't sold it for years. We sell Avaya, Nortel and Panasonic, but work on most anything.
Posted By: dexman Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 03:41 PM
If knowing that the Magix is discontinued (but refurbished parts will be available for a long time to come) isn't a concern, I would vote for the Magix.
Posted By: merlinman Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 04:05 PM
I like the Reliability and ease of configuration, not to mention the Remote Admin capability of the Magix.

But, everyone on the board knows that would be my choice.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: system fo lots of t/r devices - 03/26/09 08:53 PM
I would also consider the need for a TRUE 90V ringing current/how many phones per unit/distance from system and also the loop limitations of the equipment installed. Quite honestly alot of the smaller key/hybrid system simply don't have the power to do it sometimes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help