atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: busyfonman Ton of old manuals - 05/24/09 03:33 PM
Hey folks;
I'm in the process of moving father south & decided not to take my manual library with me. Do any of you know who might want a small truck load of tech manuals? I have full sets of NEC NEAX 2000 IVS & NEAX 2400 IMX manuals, Just about every flavor of Nortel NTPs for Opt 11, Opt 21-81, Mermail, Norstar, etc. I also have a couple of older Executone IDS manuals & also 2 complete sets of the BICSI TDMM 10th editition (out of date but still great for reference material). If anybody is interested & wants to pay for shipping from Lexington, SC, I can make it happen. If there is no interest by 5/27/09 I guess they will be going to the land fill.
Posted By: busyfonman Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/27/09 05:16 AM
Great news !!!! All of the manuals have been taken. Sorry I don't have any more to go around.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/27/09 07:17 AM
Glad to see they found a home. I had to dump a whole load of stuff (GTD-3 & 4600, Tie 1030 & 2050, NEC Patrician, Iwatsu 714 & 1434, NEAX 12,21,22 & 31 and...) about 15 years ago and it was sad.

Sam
Posted By: KLD Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/28/09 09:52 PM
Glad to see someone got use of the manuals....no such thing as "old" manuals.... :thumb:
Posted By: telemarv Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/29/09 07:49 AM
I've got a shelf full of them that the wife keeps nagging about, but I can't seem to part with them. You know... I may need one some day.
Posted By: Malthegreater Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/29/09 01:49 PM
Originally posted by telemarv:
I've got a shelf full of them that the wife keeps nagging about, but I can't seem to part with them. You know... I may need one some day.
Glad I'm not the only one!
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/29/09 04:27 PM
Well I bit the bullet and threw out a bunch of old manuals. Then up jumped the devil and 3 weeks later an old customer called said his system had been in storage for 5 years ; but could we reinstall it for him; guess you know which manuals went in the dumpster. But all is not lost was able to download same from the internet sold him the cd for 25.00
Posted By: grider Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/29/09 06:05 PM
Originally posted by telemarv:
Nagging huh? I suppose back a few short months ago when she was just a girlfriend it wasn't called nagging but just curiosity?
Posted By: merlinman Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/29/09 07:29 PM
Alas, I am in the same boat as "telemarv".

But my collection has a history! (Yeah Right - just convince my wife of the value of history)

I have a ton of old BELL SYSTEM STATION & KEY Stuff from the 60's and 70's but I just can't justify getting rid of them.

I haven't seen, touched or gotten a call about a KEY SYSTEM in over 20 years, but it's like these things are my old friends.

I always wonder if they are worth anything on eBay.

But, I doubt it.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/29/09 07:52 PM
Any chance that you might have schematics or SDs for ComKey 416 equipment in your collection?

BTW: Please don't throw your library away. That would be a travesty.
Posted By: KLD Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/30/09 07:47 AM
Same as Jim Baldwin, ran into an old customer who still has an ITT 401 in service!!! Needed some changes after 20+ years! Manual? Yes, only took two days of digging in storage....

John, my wife doesn't "nag"....she "suggests" so I have two storage units.... :rofl:
Posted By: Silversam Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/30/09 08:41 AM
Ken -

What was the ITT 401? I did a quick google and it turned up some hits but nothing definitive. I'm assuming no typo there and it's not a 501 you're talking about...

And we just got someone in "other systems" requesting a Fujitsu 9600 manual. I threw out the hard copies. I could have sworn I kept the CD though. Oh well.

Sam
Posted By: KLD Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 10:11 AM
Sam,

The ITT 401 Aries was a two wire electronic 6X16 key system. A lot of features for the time and competition. They were in the mid-80s when everyone had a "new" system out there. They replaced the ITT 701 systems. Later they became the Aries Digital, little brother of the Ion- type. That was about the time ITT went to dealer distribution and cut us little guys out of the loop. Yes, I still had the manual. Oh, well............. :shrug:
Posted By: Silversam Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 10:44 AM
Ken -

So 20-25 years later and it's still plugging along! Not bad.

The last ITT Key systems I remember (and worked on!) were the 76A and the 36A. And 1A2, of course.

Sam
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 12:39 PM
15 years ago, as the ops mgr., I got stuck with documenting, upgrading, and updating the manuals we used. Then disposing of excess/obsolete manuals. Of course, at theat time there were several manual companies in the biz, and I sent a list of everything to our favorite. He bought it all, even the "3 and one-half feet of Horizon manuals, user guides and site specific paperwork! He said he would probably regret the Horizon stuff, but the description made it irresistable! Heck he got 18 pristine sets of Mitel SX50 and a dozen sets of 200d and lite manuals. Bunch of Iwatsu and TIE stuff. Even some NEC2400 stuff. smile John C.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 01:01 PM
I've got a few Definity, AUDIX, Magix and Legend manuals sitting around still in their original shrink wrap. It's especially hard to justify their existance as Avaya continues to host PDF versions on their website.

For telco manuals that I don't already own--plus a few odds and other ends--I sometimes reference the manual bible website". If you go up to the root directory, you'll see that there are other goodies about pinhole cameras, the Atari 2600 and other crazy things.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 03:01 PM
Nice site TIm! :thumb:

Thanks,

Sam
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 07:52 PM
Great site! Thanks for sharing. That will come in very handy.
Posted By: Fletcher Re: Ton of old manuals - 05/31/09 08:34 PM
Excellent site! And many thanks to busyfonman for some of his manuals.

Jack
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/01/09 02:02 PM
I've got a boat load of manuals here that I never use..If anyone's looking for one send me a pm and it's yours for the shipping.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/02/09 01:20 PM
Funny thing about really old manuals and parts. You can keep them for a decade or more and never need them but as soon as you throw them away, you will get a call...

Actually, I think there is some kind of perverse law in the Cosmos that governs this stuff.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/02/09 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MNDAVE:
Funny thing about really old manuals and parts. You can keep them for a decade or more and never need them but as soon as you throw them away, you will get a call...

Actually, I think there is some kind of perverse law in the Cosmos that governs this stuff.
I hear that!!
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/03/09 02:48 PM
Originally posted by EV607797:
BTW: Please don't throw your library away. That would be a travesty.
I whole heartedly agree! I'll take any and all manuals to add to my collection...currently around 18,000 documents.

My focus is on preservation. Realizing that I can't actually preserve all of the equipment I'd like to, I have to settle for the printed record of what that equipment was and did.

As my bank account changes from time-to-time, I can sometimes afford to pay the shipping, sometimes not. Either way, shoot me a line if you have manuals you can no longer keep. Any donations to the preservation effort is appreciated!
Posted By: telemarv Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/03/09 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MNDAVE:

This should be an entry in the Murphy's Law of Telecom.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/03/09 06:57 PM
I'm waiting for the day someone calls me looking for a yellow 500 set. Until then, it stays in the box with the other old phones I refuse to get rid of smile
Posted By: Rudy Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/04/09 08:12 PM
Ed, the info you seek can be found in the Key Systems manual Vol. #3 (518-450-105 )
Rudy
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/04/09 08:16 PM
Thanks, Rudy. Unfortunately, that is just technical practice, not true circuit schematics or SDs. I appreciate your effort, but standard BSPs only offer block diagrams at best with regard to ComKey.
Posted By: jak Re: Ton of old manuals - 06/05/09 10:59 PM
hi i'm new here i.m jak from malaysia
i'm looking for meisei mk100D and meisei mk440ct
installers & programing manual (hard copy)because someone had broke in to my car and clean everthing up for me anyway hope to hear from all of you thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help