atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telsetrepair Memphis TN - 06/29/09 12:33 PM
Not sure if this should go into the General Cat or the Phone Booth, so Mods please move if you feel appropiate.

Looks like the company I work for is going to set up a repair depot in Memphis and I will be responsible for the hiring and training of new employees.
My question involves component level repair techs.
Does anyone know what the local talent bears in Memphis as far as electronic component level techs? Are/were there schools in the area that schooled in Electronic Technology? (Most if not all of the schools in this area do not exist anymore)
I'm concerned that the area has had very little electronic industry presence and finding qualified techs may be a challenge.
Can anyone from the Memphis area who works there now or in the past chime in?

Thanks!
Posted By: KLD Re: Memphis TN - 06/29/09 04:22 PM
I can't answer your question directly...BUT......
the Navy has (or had) a school system at Millington (near Memphis). Also, FEDEX has their national hub there. All this means is that there already is a demand for and training for....tech type work.

Good Luck.
Posted By: emark Re: Memphis TN - 06/30/09 05:52 AM
Additionally, EON, formerly known as Cortelco is in Memphis and they have gone through a lot of retrenching that involved some layoffs etc. There should be a pretty decent marketplace for technical types in Memphis.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Memphis TN - 06/30/09 09:26 AM
There is a NT repair depot there someplace. Used to send stuff there all the time. And a Mitel rseller that does some of their own repair.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Memphis TN - 06/30/09 12:04 PM
Genusis or something like that is the Mitel reseller
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Memphis TN - 06/30/09 04:48 PM
That's it! Genesis. Google and call them, they're pretty nice folks. John C.
Posted By: telsetrepair Re: Memphis TN - 07/01/09 08:41 AM
Thanks for all the replies!
Posted By: mgere Re: Memphis TN - 07/01/09 09:35 AM
Come to Detroit, we need the jobs.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help