atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 5years&counting Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/14/09 05:41 PM
Has anyone successfully setup a Spectralink OAI Gateway (MOG701, in this case) to work with a Nurse Call system (West-Call Liaison, in this case), via the Serial port? I can get the two to talk when going via IP, but it needs to use the physical serial connection instead. I can use the serial port on the OAI Gateway to administer the box, and I can receive a splash from it in Hyperterminal. I can send acknowledgement messages from Hyperterminal on my laptop back to the Nurse Call system. However, when the OAI and Nurse Call are connected, the Nurse Call only logs that it has sent messages, not received any. When I was sending back the Ack's from Hyperterminal, Nurse Call logged the receipt of messages and then replied in turn. It seems to me that the OAI Gateway is not listening for OAI messages on the serial interface. This is the second MOG701 I've tried, so it doesn't seem to be specific to one bad box.

:bang:

Thanks!

Justin
Posted By: russell4444 Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 08:44 AM
Your prodical is not quite correct. Make certain both ports are setup the same and that your following the technical quidelines for both comm ports. I've found problems with hypererminal that I don't have with Procomm.
Hope you get it figured out.
Posted By: russell4444 Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 08:50 AM
If your applications have the ability to communicate OAI messages
over TCP/IP, and do not require a serial connection, the RS-232 cabling
is not required and you may use the LAN connection (port 5456)
via the Ethernet switch for your applications.
Posted By: russell4444 Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 08:52 AM
RS-232 standards for DTE to DCE connections.
Make sure you using a right type cable
Posted By: russell4444 Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 08:55 AM
make certain you have a user setup with admin rights on the server.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 11:10 AM
Because of the protection and required isolation between the Nurse Call's private network and the hospital's network, we need to use the serial port. I can log in on the serial port when using the same null modem cable and Hyperterminal on the West-Call Liasion PC, when I shut down the Liasion program. It just seems to point to the OAI Gateway not responding to OAI responses coming from Liasion when coming across the serial connection.

Justin
Posted By: jwooten Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 02:33 PM
If this were a simple serial setup I'm sure you would've nailed it down by now. The West-Call Liaison supports the Spectralink OAI protocol. Perhaps your box needs a "special" serial connector/cable. An email to West-Call techsup may be in order.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 02:52 PM
Why are you thinking it might need a "special" serial cable?

Justin
Posted By: jwooten Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 03:02 PM
I use a serial interface for several different devices. With few exceptions all require their own connector. As I was looking at the West-Call Liaison literature read where special licensing is required to support what you seek.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/16/09 03:26 PM
The implementing vendor, West Com, started off with Liaison using temporary demo licensing, then did license it. It appears to be licensed as needed. West Com provided the cable, although they started off with a straight-thru serial cable from Radio Shack, then inserted a null modem adapter when it was found that the OAI Gateway required it.

Justin
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Spectralink OAI Gateway - 10/19/09 07:56 PM
Well, using the same cable, but from my laptop, I ran the Emergin OAI Test Tool. It connected up just fine to the OAI Gateway. However, it only saw the first 16 ports, even though it said that it could show up to 64 ports (which is the size of the OAI Gateway, and the number of ports I have mapped on the OAI Gateway). I guess my next test will be to run the Test Tool from the PC that's running Liaison.

Justin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help