atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Test-ok Help with Search - 07/31/03 04:56 PM
If you were to search for a Toshiba DKT 2020-SD Telephone, What search engine or engines would you use and what would you type in to look for such an item?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Help with Search - 07/31/03 05:36 PM
Google, dkt 2020
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Help with Search - 07/31/03 07:10 PM
Google------dkt 2020 sd
Posted By: jsaad Re: Help with Search - 08/01/03 04:34 PM
google, hands down the winner.

are you trying to do some search engine optimization?
Posted By: justbill Re: Help with Search - 08/01/03 05:18 PM
Google is good, but I've had real good luck with www.queryserver.com/web.htm It gives you results from several search engines.

Bill
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Help with Search - 08/01/03 06:09 PM
I would use Google but I would not put a space between dtk and 2020. You will get all the sites for DTK computer mother boards. I would also as Toshiba in the search to get the sites that handle the product but they may not list that phone were it will be searched.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Help with Search - 08/02/03 01:37 PM
I'm trying to get a feel as to what folks search for...yes some search engine optimization is what this is all about. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Here's what I'm finding.
Everyone searches different depending on their knowledge (of telephone equipment and Internet searching)

This is a technical board so most will search on the Toshiba 2020SD or something similar, the layman will search on something similar to the Toshiba Telephones.
End result is cover them all. What a chore. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Help with Search - 08/02/03 08:17 PM
SEO (search engine optimization) works. i've spent the last 10 months on this, and I am pleased.

i used a keyword tool from overture.com to help. it's free.

keywords are important. try to cram them in whenever you can.

one way to get more hits is to make a link page and share links. the more people who link to your site the more "well though of" your site is in the mind of google. the more relevant the links to your page, the better. i'd love to share links with other interconnects.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help