atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jab1780 Polycom Soundstation 2 Power/Comm Pinout - 11/16/09 12:53 PM
Customer ripped the modular connection of the cable while they were trying to move it. Does anyone have the pinout of the cables so, we can go over there and repair it for them?

TIA

James
Posted By: jab1780 Re: Polycom Soundstation 2 Power/Comm Pinout - 11/16/09 12:58 PM
Some google digging lead me to this. Hope it works. Let me know if you have something different.

Someone in our office recently damaged the RJ-45 cable for our Polycom Soundstation. Because the jack was damaged I could not determine the order of the cables. After a call to polycom, we found the pinout information we needed - so I thought I would share, in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation:
With the RJ-45 prong pointing down the wires, from left to right are:

* Black
* Brown
* Red
* Orange
* Yellow
* Green
* Blue
* White

Then Crimp and test. I got this information directly from Polycom for use with the Polycom Soundstation. This information was not easy to get. They originally told me they could not provide the information and I would have to buy a power adapter. This is not true, just trim the cable and follow the above instructions.

Thanks.
We've done several of those repairs, but we've always had another one to refer to, or the damage was not severe enough where we couldn't see the pinout. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and by the way: the "RJ45" is a 8P8C (8-position, 8-conductor) modular plug. If you really want to know more, there are SEVERAL threads where RJ45 and other RJ's are explained.

Justin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help