atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telecom guy10 Hold Music - 02/05/10 07:46 PM
Just wondering, but if you provide your clients with music on hold with their systems, what music do you use, and what do you use as the input? Since I'm considering getting a system for my home, any recommendations for hold music would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Hold Music - 02/05/10 07:50 PM
You need to use Royalty-Free music. As far as a source, feel free to send me a PM or look at my signature.
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Hold Music - 02/05/10 07:52 PM
Good point. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I like your samples! I have to say my favorite is "Latin Shake"
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Hold Music - 02/05/10 08:10 PM
I just realized my DEMO had expired on the Player. Did you get any audio when you clicked on the player?
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Hold Music - 02/05/10 08:28 PM
Yes there is audio, it all works fine.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Hold Music - 02/05/10 10:06 PM
Since I'm considering getting a system for my home...

Actually since it's for your home you are free to use any music you wish. It doesn't have to be royalty free since there is no business or commercial use. However that doesn't mean you can't use Marc's services. He has some great on-hold music.

-Hal
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Hold Music - 02/05/10 10:18 PM
Oh! That makes it even more convenient! I have some royalty-free style music on my computer that I think would be good for holding entertainment. Thanks for the information- that saved me a lot of trouble and maybe even some cash!
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Hold Music - 02/06/10 02:55 AM
Actually since it's for your home you are free to use any music you wish.

Good catch! I read his post, but that line didn't sink in until you made your post.

:thumb:
Posted By: longcall911 Re: Hold Music - 02/06/10 12:14 PM
I'm a firm believer in recording your own MOH (MarcHaycook's solution looks awesome.) In this way you never have to worry about copyrights and you have full control over what your customer hears or doesn't hear.

Slightly off topic- don't leave them on hold for long. Even the best MOH will upset a caller to your home or business if you abandon them.

/*tom*/
Posted By: hbiss Re: Hold Music - 02/06/10 01:42 PM
I'm a firm believer in recording your own MOH

I assume you mean having a custom production done by a pro such as Marc, not rolling it yourself.

-Hal
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Hold Music - 02/06/10 04:19 PM
It's good to know I can use whatever I want- I have been considering using the song "Children" by Robert Miles as one of my hold songs. Thanks everyone!
Posted By: brokeda Re: Hold Music - 02/07/10 12:59 PM
I have received the best feed back with Big Band music. Tommy Dorsey. Offends no one,upbeat.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Hold Music - 02/08/10 11:41 AM
take a look at BusinessVoice www.businessvoice.com
Posted By: cosmo57 Re: Hold Music - 02/09/10 12:36 PM
We have been using American Impact for about 20 years. https://www.americanimpact.com/
They will do a great production and we sell the customer an OHP 8000.

Works Great, call our shop and ask to be put on hold and you will see how professional we sound.
863-382-1200

Cosmo
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help