atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi,

I'm searching for the most inexpensive phone system for residential that can support point-to-multipoint PAGING/INTERCOM as part of the system (and having a hard time finding the anwser). Any advice/leads on a system that:

* Paging
- Can act as an internal paging/intercom system (as well as phone system) - i.e. push a single button and speak and you are heard on the speakers of each of the other phones
- A means of putting a unit on "silent" mode so pages are not heard (e.g. in bedroom)
* Points - Up to 4 or 5 points in the house (i.e. number of handsets), only one external incoming phone line
* Fixed or Cordless (slight preference for cordless, however if cordless would be good to have the paging support in the base that the cordless phone plugs into, to avoid the issue of phones that aren't where they should be)
* No real need for any fancy features such as intelligent call direction, voice mail etc - perhaps just the ability to, if one takes a call at handset A, ability to still page to all outer units to ask person B to pick up at another point

Thanks
How inexpensive are you talking about?
Originally posted by mixedup:
...the most inexpensive phone system...
USED and dirty, just about any brand.

You get what you pay for.
@mdaniel - no particular price

Actually I think I have see something coming out in April that may actually satisfy my requirements - this may give an example re the PTT paging support:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...t-60-cordless-phone-system-82589027.html
A cordless phone for $19.95? Four cordless phone system for $89.95? Give it a try.

-Hal
Originally posted by hbiss:
A cordless phone for $19.95? Four cordless phone system for $89.95? Give it a try.

-Hal
thanks - Already got cordless phone with point-to-point calling - but this doesn't meet my requirements
I think you will have a hard time finding a system that will do single touch paging is cordless and inexpensive.
mixedup,
Most any brand of small key phone systems will do what you are looking for.
If money is a big issue, you may want to look at getting a used or refurbed system.
@metelcom - I think you're right smile Up until today the only thing I could identify was a Panasonic KX-TDA Hybrid IP-PBX for Small Business [Model No: KX-TDA30AL]. But now I see there is the Vtech LS6325 coming out in April that should bring an alternative down to a residential (non-office/business) level hopefully.

@mdaniel - What brand/model did you have in mind Michael. I haven't been able to find anything that exists right now in the consumer/residential range that has the PTT with the voice coming out of speaker phones at every other handset?
I would really need to know what your budget is for this project before I can made a recommendation.
You can look at the xblue x16, you can pick them up at Samsclub, it's ideal for home use but may be a bit over kill for ya.
XBlue X16 doesn't support SLT's
true it doesn't
Checkout the Hybrex G1E its sold in Australia

web page
The only thing I know that will send All Page through cordless is Panasonic.
1 button with TDA50, 2 buttons with 824 which would be the least expense.
@metelcom / @brokeda - thanks, I'll have a look at these...
To keep your quest on track, lets get the sticker shock out of the way. $200 is an approximate starting price (retail) of a basic economical business telephone. You still need the control unit for several hundred more. Then if you want fries with that (i.e., installation) you will be looking at labor too. That cordless system is going to be looking better and better for you isn't it?
This forum primarily deals with commercial needs. If you are a buyer looking for an economy family car you may feel that you are looking around in a semi-tractor trailer lot instead. However, whatever your need, you will find quite a few friendly folks here that are more than happy to try to help you.
Well I think I now have the info I need. That is, I have one option for cordless (albeit not out until April) and a couple of options for the low-end office/commercial which I need to have a look at.

Gut feel is that I'll wait until April for this new VTech cordless with PTT support, however I'm going to check with the vendor it does what the words seems to imply.

Thanks for the links/model suggestions to date guys.
FWIW, I'm going to be installing some 4 line Coretelco phones this week and they have they have those features without being ksu based.
Originally posted by johnp:
FWIW, I'm going to be installing some 4 line Coretelco phones this week and they have they have those features without being ksu based.
What do you mean by ksu based can I ask QB? Does this mean you don't need a central unit, but just the handsets themselves?
After looking close at the cordless link and docs,
it has Push to talk but no all page, only to one handset at a time. No all page would be a deal breaker in most of the houses I have been in.
If it does have all page and decent range in a foil wrapped house, I want one!
Originally posted by brokeda:
After looking close at the cordless link and docs, it has Push to talk but no all page, only to one handset at a time.
which link/model were you referring to?
NEC DSX, You can have SLT'S Intercom All Page, where you'll have a Problem is You Won't Get Voice all Call On a Cordless. I'm not sure you'll find that feature on any Digital System.
Panasonic gets voice calls on all system cordless.
Receive All Page on non cell model.
the link posted by mixedup, I was referring to.
You can Voice Page over a Idle Cordless Phone on a Panasonic?
Proprietary Panasonic cordless.
I've been trying to call Vtech on their 1-800-595-9511 number to ask for clarification re their upcoming LS6325 PTT model.

Seems impossible to actually get transferred to a human? Its the only number they seem to show on their contact page too...doh
Cell station, set for auto Answer, direct icm call, 2 rings then Auto Answer. No All Page.
7896 or like phone, work same as hard phone.
Hello Mixedup,

FYI...

AT&T has a similar 4 line, 10 cordless handset system with PTT available now. It is made by VTech.
It is AT&T SB67118. I am testing four of these systems now and they are working pretty darn good.
Repeater units are available to extend the range and coverage has not been an issue with us.
The system does not have an external music on hold input but I understand this will be changed in the near future.
Regards, DT98
Originally posted by DT98:
AT&T has a similar 4 line, 10 cordless handset system with PTT available now.
Thanks,

I had a look and it seems the Base Station has PTT point-to-multipoint voice, however I couldn't see anywhere where it confirmed that any station (not just the base station) could do this? Would you know?

========extract from manual===============
PTT to all handsets
1. When the telephone base is idle, press and hold the INT/PTT ALL key to automatically activate the speakerphones of all the extensions. Both the caller and the destination parties hear two beeps.
2. Speak into the base speakerphone. Your voice is broadcast to all extensions. Release the INT/PTT ALL key after speaking. There is a three-second PTT wait state with -MUTE slowly flashing on the screen and the MUTE indicator flashing. During the PTT wait state, if necessary, you can press and hold the INT/PTT ALL key to continue speaking into the
base speakerphone.
3. Any extension can reply. The first extension to reply will either convert the call into a normal intercom call with the caller or start a new PTT call. See Answer a PTT call section in the SB67108 handset manual.
Telephone base operation
Push to talk (PTT) intercom
==========================
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help