atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rain Good Phone System to become certified with - 03/29/10 03:26 AM
Hello,

I am an electrician with some phone experience. I would like to become certified with a particular phone system, but seeing how I cannot afford to learn them all, in your professional opinions could you suggest a profitable product to invest time and money into. thank you for any provided information.
You're probably going to get as many suggestions as there are phone systems. What size client base are you planning on serving?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Good Phone System to become certified with - 03/29/10 04:08 AM
The answer to your question is a lot more complicated than you realize. The short answer is that there are no profitable systems unless you do volume or very large enterprise type jobs. Most of us squeak by living off of service work, new installs are few in this economy.

I used to be an EC and know what you are driving at. For what it's going to cost you and the sales committment you will have to fulfill there is no way those "foot in the door" sales are going to work. You would be better off having a relationship with an established installer/dealer, that's what I do with a couple of ECs. You install the cable, he installs the system and is responsible for it. Win/win for both of you.

-Hal
Stick with what you know. What phone systems have you worked on and are most familiar with? Like Hal says, talk to an installer/dealer of a phone system that you are familiar with and work out a deal with him/her.

Things are a bit tough, right now, so expect a few disappointments along the way. Good Luck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help