atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sunnyny phone system for pharmacy business - 12/12/10 02:33 PM
looking for a phone system recommendation for a pharmacy business. the phone system will have 10 handsets, multiple mail boxes.

Thank you
Posted By: justbill Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/12/10 02:45 PM
Nothing special about a system. Are you talking about the auto attendant/prescription system that would go ahead of your phone system?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/12/10 04:05 PM
We have used both the Avaya Partner ACS and IPO for pharmacies.
But like Bill has already stated, it's not rocket science.
Most of the time you will need to hand off of your system to an IVR, but you can do this with analog ext ports from your AA.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/12/10 07:13 PM
Be warned however that most "handsets" come complete with the rest of the telephone attached. :rolleyes:
Posted By: sunnyny Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/13/10 07:07 PM
Thank you for the response. Can I get model number or a website where to buy the equipment. Need about 10 handsets, voicemail, and about 10 incoming line support with option to expand to 16 lines total.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/13/10 07:26 PM
You need to call a dealer...this is not a DIY job.
FYI a handset is what you pick up to talk, what you mean to say is that need 10 phones.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/13/10 07:44 PM
aok
Posted By: metelcom Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/13/10 08:03 PM
I service several pharmacies and the most important part of the phones to them is the reliability. If you don't have experience with telephones then I would suggest that you ask surrounding businesses about their vendors and contact the best ones.
Posted By: sunnyny Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/14/10 03:26 AM
Any recommendations for a New York City dealer/installer. Agree this not a DIY job but can buy and have a professional install it.
Posted By: jknichols Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/14/10 07:35 AM
can buy and have a professional install it

Oh, they love that - if anything goes wrong, they start throwing your parts in the trash and sell you new ones!

In all seriousness, you need a dealer that will install and stand behind a system that they are familiar with. I was involved in the purchase of a 6 line 50 extension system where we had 4 to 6 vendors bidding different systems. While most would have done what we needed, what really sold the final choice was the salesman's knowledge and customer references.
"Agree this not a DIY job but can buy and have a professional install it. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might consider the part where none of the companies in your area know anything about the Flibertygibbit brand of telephone system you just bought for a song at e-bay, cheap buy, best price, or low dollah. You end up paying for THEIR learning curve. They don't know if the thing is broke, or is supposed to make a funny background buzz when you are on the phone and an incoming call rings. They don't have any idea how to set up night notification of emergency medication calls. OH, AND THE HELP LINE, IT'S A 900 NUMBER!!!!! Let the local company make a little profit on a system they KNOW, are CERTIFIED on, and have SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE on. Oh yeah, the learning curve is, and has been, flat for 2 years!
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 12/18/10 09:45 AM
If you need pricing on a new system I cover your area and have done about 15 drug stores. Please send me a message if you need anything

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Long Island, NY

631 956 0100
I would recommend an AT&T Spirit, Vodavi StarPlus, or maybe a Comdial DXP.

Any one of those systems can meet your 10 handset requirement.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 05/03/11 01:54 PM
This post is old! Please check the date...
Posted By: SwedaGuy Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 05/04/11 08:45 AM
That's OK...the recommendation of a Spirit system is way older than this topic, anyway.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 05/04/11 10:42 AM
Agreed. The drug store I worked at in high school (2004) had an old Spirit system. It was not in very good shape, lol
Posted By: anjie2012 Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 06/19/12 08:11 PM
Choosing the best phone system for a small business is very important to promote convenience and effectiveness to its services. There are different ways in order to meet the best telephone system in your small business. You may visit for some information
Posted By: EV607797 Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 06/19/12 08:16 PM
Anjie, thank you for your marketing attempt, but you must pay for advertising space at this site.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: phone system for pharmacy business - 06/20/12 05:30 PM
If this Drug Store has not gotten a phone system yet, they must be out of business
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help