atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 05:43 AM
Hi,

On Monday (see previous post) I received a wonderful gift of phones from a fellow collector. Since I am really only familiar with rotary phones, I was intrigued with one TT phone in particular. It is structurally the same as the Weco 2500 set, it is modular, and it is a very pretty grey-blue.

My question is this... where the usual "Western Electric / Bell-System Property" notice under the little area where you pick up the phone is, there is rather just a simple "ATT" in big block letters.

I thought that ATT was the old Long Lines company after divestiture. I did not know that they made telephones.

I guess I am showing my ignorance (again)!

Please advise... :confused:

Thanks yet again for the information!

Joe
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 06:42 AM
After the Bell System was broken up in 1984, the parent company (AT&T) continued to manufacture Western Electric equipment. They switched over to this logo on the equipment since the Bell System effectively no longer existed.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 10:07 AM
I've got a 2554 set in my garage stamped with AT&T instead of WE...on the front of the phone and inside the handset. I wonder if my parents bought it at a Phone Center when those were still around. They've had the phone since before I was born!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 11:01 AM
And you'll find them with Lucent and Avaya on them, too. Most commonly in large motels and hotels equipped with Definity PBX's.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 12:48 PM
Joe, I had a set in that same color until it broke. I think I kept the housing and handset!
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Re: Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
Joe, I had a set in that same color until it broke. I think I kept the housing and handset!
What broke on your unit? I might have a spare.

Joe
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Question about TT phone - 06/08/11 06:18 PM
The housing broke so I bought a new housing from an online source, put everything back together and somehow the phone didn't work. I don't remember what it was at this point and it's been gutted for parts. I've got enough phones as it is smile
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help